Sleep Apnea and Drug Test at Interstate

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by DropHookConfederateDriver, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DropHookConfederateDriver

DropHookConfederateDriver Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Does this company test for Sleep Apnea? I hear a lot of drivers are having trouble getting past the sleep apnea testing the DOT doc is giving?

Any idea if they drug test both hair and urine?

2. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    geez

if you get tested for sleep apnea, fail the test and get the treatment, sleep better and feel better, what's wrong with that? in other words, why would you ask?

if you're concerned about passing any kind of drug test, don't bother coming into this business. the first time scrub bumpers with somebody a drug test will be required.when you fail you will go home.you won't get another job in this business if you fail a drug test.why would you bother going to the expense of getting a license in this business if you're going to fail a drug test either sooner or later.

thank you for asking I hope that clears everything up.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  3. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    If you have to ask about hair vs urine this is the wrong profession for you.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  4. scottlav46

scottlav46 Road Train Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Escanaba, MI
    GAWD sometimes I shake my head at this profession I used to be proud of...

5. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    They take a hair sample, and make you pee on it.

6. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Chicago IL
    I thought they made you pee in a cup and then mixed your hair sample in it lol, seriously though, if your worried about a drug test just give up your cdl and stay away from me and everyone else on the road

7. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I second this remark

8. Kayman282

Kayman282 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2014
    while i understand you guys giving folks a hard time about drug test its just a question. maybe this person use to smoke the good good and stopped. a hair test goes back at least 90 days and theyre worried about failing that particular test. maybe they wont come and hold off until they feel they can pass the test.. while as long as they hadnt hit the good good in the past month or so maybe theyll get past that one. doesnt mean they will have a bong in the luggage waiting to get in the truck and fire up. Its kills me to see the way some of you respond to people when asked about drug test. Obviously they care whether or not they pass, so why not just tell them.....

9. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Interstate doesn't regulate the sleep apnea testing. They will send you to a clinic to get a DOT physical, and if that doctor says you need to take it, then that's what you need to do.

As for the drug test, I think they start with a stool sample, pour in some of your blood, add hair and then let you pee on it for fun................

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted