Sleep deprived, how do you sleep while OTR/parked next to APU?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BIGLEFTYINTX, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Get a little 12v clip-on fan and clip it somewhere near your bunk. The constant white noise well help mask other noises.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I took note of how easy it is to fall asleep now. I can't consume any form of caffeine because caffeine does not mix well with some of my anti seizure meds. As has been stated. Use earplugs and sleep aids with caution.

4. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    LOL
    The struggle is real for the new breed.. :confused3:

shogun Thanks this.
  5. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    My wife is asleep within 10 miles. I dont know how she can do it. Ive hit bumps/potholes that shook the truck and popped my gpd suction cup off the windshield. She never woke up. I cannot sleep in a moving truck. Did CRST for 4 months, Took a month off and joined USA Truck, good company.
    I stayed at Walmarts. Go in and ask the manager if you can stay there, then go buy stuff.

6. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    I found I slept better with my reefer running, and my apu. I spent so much time in the truck and got so comfortable that when I come in to have work done on the truck and stay with family I have to have noise, and a light on. Since it's never 100% dark in my truck from a 12v plug light.

Fastest way to put me out is give me a reefer and let it hit low idle and bang. I'm out cold, if it shuts off though I wake up in a hurry. I even sleep through my phone ringing.

7. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.