SLT - Secured Land Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by oceansidefireman, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Southeast Trucker Mike

Southeast Trucker Mike Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2014
    North GA Mountains
    Archangelic... you ARE correct here that your indicated "gross" is lower. However, as per my prior post above, you WILL have ultimately paid MORE in FICA/MC taxes (over $1,000) for getting that higher "gross" number on your W-2. Is a higher reported gross wages number REALLY worth that cost?

If you speak with a "competent" loan officer and explain that, in addition to your gross pay, you are also paid a TAX-FREE amount of $50/day or whatever but don't spend nearly that much, then that officer would add such unspent difference back to your total discretionary income for each year, right?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I understand what you are saying, more cheese on paper vs in the bank.

Can't have it both ways unfortunately, I just dislike how most companies factor it into your pay automatically; since if you follow the DOT per diem rules, you are always either not getting your full share or getting too much.

4. Knoff1

Knoff1 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Once you become disabled you will see how you were screwed by being paid per deim. SSI only pays what SS you pay in.

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  5. oceansidefireman

oceansidefireman Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Thanks. We're happy with R&R out of Missouri. Everything is up front without any funny business or shady advertising.

6. oceansidefireman

oceansidefireman Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015
    If a guy doesn't get or waits indefinitely for clearance, he remains at the bottom of the pay scale while waiting on sluggard shippers to load your trailer to haul hazardous waste to grumpy receivers.

7. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Your defense of this company is beyond believable.
    Your trying way too hard.

Puppage and horsecrazychic22 Thank this.
  8. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    You need to go with a company that pays better and home every weekend 2 full days. R&L carriers. Wife and I love it here. We each gross 1800 a week. Off 2 full days. No shippers or consignees. All drop and hook. I have a thread on here called husband and wife driving for R and L carriers.

9. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I cant beleieve they keep you out 5 weeks for crap pay. Wife and I are home every weekend 2 full days off. 1800 week each gross. 1900 after next year. R + L carriers. I have a thread called husband wife at R+L carriers.

10. Healthworm

Healthworm Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2018
    I have been thinking about going to work for them I must say that most drivers that have better experiences or not so motivated to write such negative things and less it is true Or they are crazy I just don’t know what to think But I am leaving for orientation today and I may back out

I had 100 companies trying to recruit me. It was overwhelming Became very difficult to keep track of who is who and everyone claimed they were the best company I saw some very little pay as well as very hyper. I saw some very little pay as well as very high pay

11. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    You can make more teaming for LTL and have 2 full days off every week. Just my experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.