smart remote actuator 5

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Billy744, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Billy744

Billy744 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Hello, I have a few codes that I need some help with. First a yellow check engine light. The truck has failed at regening both driving and parked. The light comes on and the truck loses power. I had the codes read, and it comes back with
    1. smart remote actuator 5 not on fail safe mode.
    2. Can 3 communication error
    3. Turbo actuator internal error code
    4. Blower motor speed incorrect
    Any help on this would be much appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnC123

JohnC123 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Just a shot in the dark here without more vehicle specs but nothing will regen without the VGT operating correctly (out of calibration), and the communication error probably reflects that the ATS system has been disabled due to an engine related component malfunction. This would also explain the loss of power. Not familiar with the "actuator 5" bit. hope that helps, thanks.

4. FdEF

FdEF Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Ogden, Ut
    I've dealt with the actuator 5 problem on a Detroit. Not sure what engine you have but on mine it ended up being that the turbo actuator was not working properly. Upon inspection it would close and then not open all the way. You may see a code for actuator 5 too slow also. Probably have to replace it. Make sure you have it calibrated. The blower motor speed code is something entirely unrelated

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.