Smart Trucker app vs Truck Path, which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DBIGUY, Jan 20, 2019.

1. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    That’s strange :/ I wonder if anyone gave any consideration to Nation Security interest when this deal went through. Probably not. Just the $$$ signs.

I see way too much data being handed to people that could become a serious threat in the future.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I forgot to mention that a few years back, Allstays Truck & Travel app used to be the best app for finding truck stops and services. It’s still helpful at times when you are trying to find the closest trailer washout location or nearest truck parking to final. If they don’t add parking status and improve their app functionality, they’re gonna be goners. Trucker Path is way ahead of the game now.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I use TruckersPath only to get an idea what the scales are doing. That’s it.

5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Don’t trust the Garmin in NYC. I know it likes to route you through Roosevelt ave in Queens. You can only make that if you’re loaded and dropped your airbags. Roosevelt ave is technically a truck route though.

6. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Yeah, truck GPS devices have problems, which is why I never follow them blindly. I always check new routes in the Rand McNally road atlas. I like having my GPS device running in case I accidently go off route. It’s like an alarm. Otherwise you can be driving for many miles without knowing it. It’s happened to me a few times.

You mention you needed to drop your airbags to clear the low clearance? That cannot possibly be a truck route for 13’6” trailers. Maybe just a truck route for those with lower trucks and trailers.

The most legit resource I have found for detailed truck routes in NYC is the maps provided by the state. You can find two of their maps on this site. Scroll down to “New York City Truck Route Map” and click the maps.

NYC DOT - Trucks and Commercial Vehicles

stuckinthemud, Ffx95 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.