Smith Transport sent me an Escrow refund check and im a company driver

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by company trucker, Jan 4, 2016.

1. kjoseph

kjoseph Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Huntington WV
    You do sign that you agree to an escrow deduction up to $500. When I was there they took it at ten bucks a week. My only objection was they paid no interest, it would have been pennies but it's principle. It's written that it's for truck recovery, cleaning, damage and basic fumigation from some of the dirtbags we see out here. Was there 4 years, good people, majority northeast and heavy, tell you the truth at hiring. My opinion.

shaunmack and freebirdusa Thank this.
  2. Roadriver34

Roadriver34 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Lot of companies charge you escrowl to make sure their truck is returned and proper condition. And to make sure you don't abandon the truck someplace and they got to pay somebody to go after it if that's the case that use your escrow money to pay the driver to pick it up.

3. Roadriver34

Roadriver34 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Lot of companies make you pay into an escrow to make sure you don't abandon the truck and if you do they use your money to retrieve it companies have been doing it for 30 plus years

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Not the companies I've worked for. Even then the employers I've been with just deduct the recovery costs from your last paycheck and/or send to a collection agency if necessary.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Maybe in absulate terms a lot do require a deposit. (It's not an escrow, as it's not held by a 3rd party). In percentage of companies out there, it's a very, very small number as it is likely outright illegal. If it's not illegal, it's a very poor way to treat the employee.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Zeitner @ sons in Omaha collects a 500.00 escrow from its drivers and theyre not bashful about keeping it when you quit either .

7. inandoutoftrouble

inandoutoftrouble Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Wichita, KS
    Eventually, it will come back to bite Zeitner & Sons in the butt, and rightfully so.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    It already is lol

inandoutoftrouble Thanks this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Is someone suing them?

10. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Always baffles me (and you see it quite often) when someone praises a company that they spent a long time with....yet does it in the 'past tense'.
    I understand different people have different reasons for eventually moving on to another job....but if this were SO good for SO long; what could be better?

• Draft saved Draft deleted