Smith Transport sent me an Escrow refund check and im a company driver

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by company trucker, Jan 4, 2016.

1. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    most time you don't find out the crap until orientation and then its to late for some drivers stuck away from home and if you decline the job getting back home could be a problem for some drivers! others after a few weeks and then its still to late! i always thought companies should have to furnish a two way ticket for orientation or give drivers all companies policies and rules before coming to orientation, but then a lot of the companies would never get any drivers! Except for failed drug test then its should be on the new hire to get him or her self home.

superflow and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I agree. I've literally had to explain the numbers on pay statements to drivers because they didn't know what the different categories were. At least the ones that bother to ask are trying to understand. But, it makes me wonder how many drivers don't bother to educate themselves on their pay.

3. VanDammem

VanDammem Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Sounds to me like the OP had a fraudulent "bond" with held like Werner does. Then after you quit, on the 90th day after, they mail it to you. The big blue screw never mentioned that of course, before going to orientation.

4. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I bet you never bothered to ask about deductions before you went to orientation either. I almost forgot, personal responsibility is dead.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. VanDammem

VanDammem Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    No other company I have worked for as a company driver ever wanted to steal a 'bond' except the big blue screw

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed insult
  6. VanDammem

VanDammem Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
  7. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Personal responsibility is dead , on all accounts, so don't expect any of these slime ball trucking companies to come to the carpet with you on the grounds of integrity.
    "Those days are over with "
    .... beware of friendly handshakes from these swamp critters !!!!

Trucker61016 and nightgunner Thank this.
  8. Kasper42

Kasper42 Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2016
    South Carolina
    Isn't Smith transport owned by another company didn't some one buy them years ago I could be in correct

9. The Big T

The Big T Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I believe they're employee owned.

10. vinsanity0

vinsanity0 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Back when I worked for USX they owned Smith. That was around 2013. I thought Smith drivers were L/O but I could be wrong.

• Draft saved Draft deleted