Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    She copped an attitude because there was an issue I did not get paid for a load that I ran from Jacksonville to the Houston area and when I found out that the empty call for some reason did not go completely through their system yet I scanned the bills in the day of unload They did not call me for eight days wondering why I wasn’t still empty… She turns around and tells me well billing got the paperwork but evidently they didn’t tell us there was an issue with the system showing the load was not empty yet and that’s when I turned around and responded her said this is the problem there is no communication between departments and then she turned around and responded by saying this… “you don’t have a clue when it come to that”

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    Then she calls Friday asking me about a load that picks up Saturday I said I’m not coming back out till Sunday yeah You’ve known that for two weeks darn near as i was taking my vacation and earned time off…

So she tells me I’m gonna have the load planner take it off of you and yesterday she’s in the office from 5 AM to 2 PM I don’t hear a peep from her and then I go to the truck about 5 o’clock in the evening load up all my gear.

I called and ask if I’ve got anything and they say yeah I load out of Missouri city Texas the same load that she called about on Friday it’s a live load and I seriously doubt they’re open on Sunday and I do not have an empty trailer either…

So she turns around and goes home till Tuesday without ever contacting me in any way shape or form whether people net or phone… She’s as worthless as the ground I walk on… so again another customer that they have service failed on and they wonder why they’re losing Freight… At this point I don’t really give a #### I’m gone by the end of the month already starting the process for another carrier one that expects drivers to Run..

4. cdavis188

cdavis188 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Glad I'm not considering Crete anymore. Sounds like a horrendous place to work.

JoeyJunk and RussianBearTruckeR Thank this.
  5. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Crete ain't what it once was...that's for sure

6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Do you think they had these issues before and high freight volumes in the market hid this??
    With freight volumes dropping shippers have more options to move their freight

7. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    They have had some that inkew of but since june 01, it has exploded with stupidity…couple that with catering to drivers who will not run more than 350mi day in the mix screwing things up…im sure with market slowing down a bit is magnifies the problem for sure though..

8. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    that still boggles my mind. 350/day.. all that extra time & not being at home would drive me insane. smdh.

9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    They must be on line gamers or something...

10. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    i dont even have a tv in my truck. lol
    different strokes for different folks i guess.

JoeyJunk and Bumper Thank this.
  11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Marten seems to run a dedicated route right out of my home city. Crete/Shaffer haven't burned me enough to leave them yet but if this is sign to what's to come then that day might come soon. For the most part I'm kept running and no pay issues.

Marten seems to advertise a 70k/yr guarantee and even a weekly guarantee no matter what, for otr drivers which makes me wonder what hoops one needs to go through.

RussianBearTruckeR and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted