Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well the Wilmer terminal mgr texted me wanting to know why i left… when I explain to him in response why I left his response to that was this… What would it take for you to come back can I give you a brand new truck and a different asset manager? Obviously clueless because I don’t care about a brand new truck I had a fairly new one but 8500 miles a month is a joke…

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I've never quite understood why offering a new truck is going to be an incentive for an experienced driver who has put in their notice. If the truck was the issue (ie downtime due to repairs) then operations should have been proactive and dealt with the situation before it got to that point, and if they haven't it points to underlying issues that won't be solved with a cookie. To me, all a new truck means is a break in period where I find all the things that the assemblers did wrong.

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That's just it. most companies are reactive, not proactive. Driver leaves, company says "Why? I wasn't aware of any problems". They should have offered a new asset manager way before this, and looked into the other issues.
    When I quit my last job, shipping manager had me in a meeting with his boss. Asked why I was leaving after 9 years, I told him of the problems we were having.The same problems we discussed at monthly meetings for YEARS.That never were addressed.He wrote them all down, like he was going to do something about them. Friends still there tell me those same issues are still around.....

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Deland's #2 sent me a message very similar, but I was driving at the time and was thinking of the proper response...then forgot to reply when I stopped the next time. The only thing I would have said to him is that I wouldn't darken an Acklie company's door step ever again and that I won't step foot on any Acklie company property to piss on Tonn or Winston if they were running across the lot with their head on fire...that is, unless I am hauling some piece of equipment that SPD has me delivering there.

6. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Have a date with the Kroger in Houston tonight. Hoping the driver who got my Florida run to White Haven not running into to much trouble getting down there.

Also offering a new truck is like the only thing these managers can do. Oh you have issues, well that will take some time and a lot of paperwork to resolve so why dont I get you into a new truck instead?

Hard to think about the issues with all that new truck smell. :D jk.

7. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    I had to ask Mike M 8 times over the course of over a year for a new am... it took me being pushed against the wall and telling am ## to finally get a new am (great am former ltl driver he gets it) but yea it seems many don't want to take action cause their worried about them looking bad to the upper upper mgmt but I guess u gotta call Erik or Tim when things are going bad to resolve an issue... id also like a new terminal but they should audit the planners and dispatch from time to time to make sure their taking care of the ones bringing the company actual revenue to keep their checks coming in.... the .02 surge being taken away during bidens 30%+ inflation doesn't make any sense whatsoever

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  8. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    My terminal Mgr I've asked for help when I needed a new am and flat our told me you have to talk to someone in operations... I'm thinking what the hell is it u fleet mgrs actually do for drivers except collect bonuses on the miles we drive!?

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I absolutely got sick and tired of it… The terminal manager Wilmer keeps texting me this afternoon asking now if he wants Erick to call me… I’ll respond to him once I stop for the day and I’m gonna make it very clear again why I left… They seem to have their head up their behind and absolutely clueless and/or just don’t give a darn about drivers or possibly a mixture of both… I’ve already started at my new company in the first load out of the gate is a 1900 mile run which will be followed up with another run with Miles in the same neighborhood as this one going back east…

10. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    congrats & blessed miles to ya!

11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Time to put their number on the sms block-list. They have a superiority complex...they think that they are the greatest trucking company in the industry and have a hard time believing that drivers don't want to work for them, and when a driver leaves that he or she is making a huge mistake...sometimes totally ignoring them is the only way they get the hint

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.