Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    My APU and bunk heater quit working this week. Got them fixed this morning. Easy fixes so mechanic was happy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Ended up just being a brake chamber, but it was leaking bad enough that it would drain enough air out of the system at idle, the airbags wouldn't inflate. I was down, counting the time spent calling our breakdown peeps, less than 2 hours. So, all in all, not too bad of a breakdown (or should I say brake-down)

JoeyJunk, mushroom1464 and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Ha! I see what ya did there.

JoeyJunk and supersnackbar Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Nothing going on out of Spring Hill for me after I get there this afternoon (Saturday), so....but I can't really complain. I had 2650 miles, $50 border crossing pay, $35 reload pay (took loaded rolling racks up, bringing empty racks back), at least 1 $150 layover day and a 36 hr restart in case they run me back over the border next week. The only down side is it's suppose to be a rainy weekend in Spring Hill, so I'll have to be a couch potato.

Lonesome and tucker Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Back to Canada I go. Load picks up after 1900 tonite out of Spring Hill, delivers to St. Augustin, on Friday, then probably right back here to Spring Hill. Just under 3000 paid miles plus Canada pay, and hopefully they have empty racks for an extra $35.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Headed back to Spring Hill from St. Augustin, QC with 4 empty racks. Decided I didn't want to brave Toronto during 5 o'clock rush hour on a Friday...with rain coming down, so I crossed back over at the 1000 islands/I-81 crossing. Ended up being a wise move, there was just 1 truck ahead of me at the border booth.

Was rather warm up there yesterday. Ahead of this latest storm that dumped on MN and the dakotas, the low was sucking warm air up all the way to Canada. I saw 70+ temps north of the border. But it got real windy, and rainy.

Stopped at the Waterloo, NY Petro last night. This is my neighbor....guess it was real windy,...or, he is practicing to be a tree trimmer when he goes broke (lease driver for Western Express )

2019-04-13 07.45.44.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  8. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I liked looking off the bridge at 1000 islands... at all the houses scattered about on the water.....looks like your parked neighbor is ....branching out

9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    1000 Islands is my favorite crossing. Haven’t been out there in years now.

iraqralph43 Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Those are some old bridges though, kinda like some of the ones that were on the US route between I-55 in Mo and Paducah, KY. Just wide enough for 2 oposing trucks to pass without smacking mirrors. Wish I would have had time to stop and climb the observation tower and sightsee a bit.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I don't know which is worse, the fact that there is a show called "Dr. Pimple Popper" or the fact that there is a large enough audience for such a show to attract sponsors.

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.