Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Got the final word on it. You can't use TTR to host a video (ie, upload it directly to the forum). It must go through one of the 6 hosting sites I mentioned. YouTube was the recommended choice, but any of those 6 will work.

@supersnackbar
    I cleaned up the messed up embed for you. I also changed the wording on the clickable hotlink so folks wouldn't think they couldn't view it. Now all they have to do is click the words "Ferry Ride".

4mer trucker and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Grasias!!

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I talked to a friend who works here, and by the way it sounds, the Wylieization has started. He said that they are now enforcing the Wylie hometime policy...1 day off for every 7 out. They are insisting drivers do not spend excess time at home because they have so much freight. Which is kinda funny, the guy that told me that just spent 3 days at home last week, without wanting time off, all because they wouldn't put him on a load before they went home last Friday...and he is sitting in Spring Hill with 11 other Moore drivers and a couple Central Oregon drivers with no freight...it is starting to feel like Moore is gonna be the abused red head step child who gets all the crap leftover loads the Wylie kids didn't want to haul.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    What did it cost to ride the ferry?

28 Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    $486.31 (U.S.) without a sleeping berth, each direction. And this is with a 45' trailer. They charge by the length not by the weight.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have decided that this is my one and only trip to Newfoundland. This customer does only crate glass, so no return racks going back to the plants. Without racks, Moore doesn't break this load down into two trips (or at least they didn't for me this trip). I have had empty trailer moves put on a seperate trip number before, not sure why they didn't on this load. But that means a 2 week 5700 mile trip will be paid once I get back to Spring Hill...if that's where I am headed. I still haven't heard where I am returning. My DM told me to sit tight at the customer until we found out where they wanted me...that was before noon yesterday and I still haven't heard... thankfully I didn't listen and told him no matter which plant I head to, I have only 1 route to follow here on the NF island, so I am headed out. It was so late when I told him this, I couldn't make the port before dark, so I pulled up short at the closest real truckstop (with almost 3 hours yet to travel) and will make a final hop to the port. On top of a crap check this week, then having to go without a check next week because there no way I can arrive before payroll cutoff...it has put a serious ''''don't give a ####" chip on my shoulder. That, along with all the no-change changes starting to happen, it's looking like Moore is turning out to be another huge mistake in my career choice. Which is sad because, until Daseke took over ownership, this was a fun place to work. Now, almost everyone but the newly hired are walking around p/o'd most of the time.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Going back to the mainland on a smaller ferry this time...

IMG_20190823_185351.jpg

If ''There can be only one" then why is it plural?

IMG_20190823_185825.jpg

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I guess my truck grew while I was here. According to the ferry company, I came over driving a 66 foot vehicle, I am leaving in a 72 foot...price difference is $58...same truck, same trailer, same 5th wheel location.

dwells40 and Bumper Thank this.
  10. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    king snakes eat other snakes, including those pesky poisonous ones...

11. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    True even if they are bitten by a poisonous snake they are good, they are immune to their venom

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.