Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This was a far smoother trip back. I got a bunk room this time and I could barely feel any rocking. The engine vibration shook the ship a fair amount, but it was almost like sleeping in a massage chair. Even though this was a smaller ship, it seemed to have more accommodations for passengers. When they 1st started to load the ship it was drop trailers 1st, passenger vehicles 2nd, and then a looooong line of ATV's and side by side off road vehicles. Then all the RV's and camper trailers. Trucks were last to load. Sitting there looking at all these vehicles loading ahead of us trucks (even though we were there long before everyone else) it was unsettling because it looked like there wasn't gonna be room for everyone, but we all fit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I assume the company pays for the ferry ride. Do they make you pay then reimburse? Also do they pay for the bunk room?

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They cut a Comcheck for the boat ride. The company told me that bunks for drivers were included in the price of the ticket, but they aren't. They told me they don't reimburse for the bunk, but since it isn't included, I am gonna ask to see if they will anyway

Bumper, 88 Alpha and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I guess now you'll have to start pulling those long 53ft Wylie trailers. One place I delivered to said that the Wylie drivers had a hell of a time trying to back into their door considering all they usually get are 45-48 foot trailers and you know how these places like to leave all their empty racks everywhere so you barely have enough room.

6. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I delivered motor to a place in Cali. Across form the dock door they had all their pallets stacked so it was a tight back. I made it in the door and on my way into recieving the yard jockey said he has had to put trailers in that door caues other drivers couldnt. Also said that another driver from my company knocked a door off earlier that day

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    not only that, I'll have to get use to scaling loads again. With our open deck trailers, unless I am over 46k lbs, I don't waste time rolling across a scale. I talked to a Maverick driver pulling one of their long double drops, and he said that you have to watch the weights with those because the glass plants don't always position the glass correctly and you'll be over on one or the other end of the trailer. That and some of the places we go, with the customer's up hill dock ramps, we drag the belly of the trailer on our 45's, I can imagine how much a 53 will drag.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Made it to Houlton ME yesterday. Woke up this morning to 45 degrees...there's definitely a hint of fall in the air up here already.

racemaxx24 and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    With Maverick double drops they almost always load them right and if not then it's never off enough to put me over weight. I've never been stopped at a scale.

One time they loaded almost 47k in Coraicana and there isn't a scale there anywhere for miles but there is a weight station. I was told don't worry about it and I ended up going through the weigh station and was fine.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Made it back to Spring Hill this morning. I was 45 or so minutes short on my 70 of making it here yesterday afternoon, but that's e-logs. Ran around 3900 miles(including the 2 110 mile boat rides that my GPS recorded as travel time...but not drive/on duty time). There is a boat load of freight in our outbound box here, so it looks like I won't be sitting long. Have been out since the last week of June and was kinda hoping to get home soon, since I have been out almost 70 days and since there is a possible hurricane coming to pay Florida a visit, but when freight is hot, I may just keep running...we shall see

Itsbrokeagain, HoChoSen and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    Freight must be hopping there for you at Wylie, not so much here at Maverick for me.

During your 2 week tour going to Eastern Canada and back I've done several 50+ hour resets and only driven from Texas to California and then back again in 2 weeks. No ####ing joke. 2+ weeks not even 3000 miles.

What's the phone number to call your recruiters? Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.