Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I live 10 min from the Alachua Walmart D/C that ya'll pick up pallets from.

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Nice, I like it here, and that says a lot because I’m a miserable SOB.

mushroom1464 and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    SSB, you’ll fit right in!!!!!

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, this Wylie deal has struck a nerve with a lot of Moore drivers. There is a running bet to see how many drivers quit and how quickly. So far the overall consensus is that there will be at least 25% of Moore's fleet parked within the 1st 4-6 weeks...for the most part, I have only heard 1 driver out of the dozens sitting here in Spring Hill (yes, I said dozens sitting here) that has a hopeful opinion about this deal. And most the peoole that have spoken to someone in Wylie's corporate offices all have the same opinion of them...to paraphrase them 'some of the most arrogant stuckup people they have ever spoken to', and some of these people saying this ARE Wylie drivers here waiting on loads. Reminds me of another Fargo based company I worked for.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    runningman0661 Thanks this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    @supersnackbar .. I saw a mint green kenworth that looks like a central Oregon truck that had Lone Star transportation stickers on the door pulling a schili flat bed near the Dallas area yesterday.... Those are other daeski companies as well I'm wondering if they're merging all these companies and only have a couple named companies...

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If it was a Lonestar it might have been an O/O that bought a truck from Daseke. There is a place on their website that has used equipment for sale. I saw a Lonestar pulling a Schili box the other day. Those 2 companies were merged like we were.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It would appear that Moore is either a bit testy about bad opinions or is shutting down their Facebook page. I tried to congratulate Daseke for accomplishing something that only the government has managed to do. And by that I mean they got most drivers (that I have talked to)from both Wylie and Moore to agree on something...their dislike of this merger between the companies. Wylie drivers don't like using our ragged trailers and how we do things and we pretty much don't like how things are done at Wylie in general. Basically our companies are polar opposite, but yet we are forced together. Apparently, they didn't like what was being said in the reviews of the company so they turned off the option for reviews of the company.

9. mjl1960

mjl1960 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I just put in an application at Moore and it is in the final processing stages, but then I ran into your posts on here. I would like to know more about what is going on before I sign on to them I like the idea of running glass, but I also need to make money. And I don't want to be micromanaged. Could you kind of give me a rundown of everything that is going on in a nutshell so that I don't have to go back and read 145 pages?

10. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    I’ve followed it for close to a year. Basically it was amazing, management got dumb, management got dumber, glass went down for a bit, bounced back and everything was peachy, management got worse, everything went in the crapper and they’re being merged with EW Wylie.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.