Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Not sure if you knew, but the Love’s at exit 262 on I-94 is now open. The city is St Clair, MI.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Some of our customers consider being early a service failure just like being late. That warehouse in St. Augustin is an AGC distribution warehouse run by the Robert trucking company. They have been known to be a bit temperamental about appointments from time to time.

yeah, I had an 0800 delivery in Concord and a 1700 pickup in Carleton(live load). The ambassador was backed up to the duty free exit, so it took 40 min to clear customs, then it was pretty heavy traffic going thru Detroit so I made it with about 20 min to spare. It was close to 1830 before they started dropping glass and I was loaded, secured, tarped and pulling out of the bay by 2030.

yessir I sure do. Filled up there the other day before crossing over, and I am spending the night there tonight.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  4. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    You should exit Canada in Sarnia. Much faster.

You got lucky getting loaded that fast. There were times that I was there until after midnight waiting and complete a 10 break getting loaded after waking up at 5am in Canada to get unloaded before driving to Carleton. Then have to drive out of Michigan with almost 0 sleep in 24 hours.

Thats the reason I'd make sure that I didn't have time on the clock to drive the 6+ hours there after getting unloaded in Toronto area. When I did that they'd send me back to Geneva NY or to Carlisle PA instead.

Carleton seems to be better getting us in and out than they were a few years ago. Still I'd dread going there after leaving Canada the same day.

tank4life Thanks this.
  5. mitrucker

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I’m here now. Heading out at 06:00.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have a hypothetical question...on your DOT physical, if you get a 2 year card on 10/30, does it expire 2 years later at 2359 on 10/29, or does it expire at 2359 on 10/30 and you technically have 2 years and 1 day

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I usually go out at Sarnia, but reports from other drivers heading for Toronto said it was way backed up just getting to the toll booth as well. Things must be moving in Canada now that their election is over.

Aww man, just saw your message when I woke up at 630...

mitrucker Thanks this.
  8. mitrucker

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Someday. I took a quick look around for your truck. I didn’t see it. Maybe another time. US Customs was very slow last night. I was next and they closed the lane due to three busses showing up. Had to back up and pick another lane. It was a PITA.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Woke up this morning to my next load beeping in. Geneva, NY to Woodbury ON for Monday. At 1st glance, if appeared to be another live load, but after discussing it with my DM, it turns out to be a drop/hook on a Wylie trailer. Later in the day I got a call from my DM, just after clearing the scales east of Toronto. In a somber tone he said "Is there any possible way you could make it to the customer by 5 a.m.?" My reply "absolutely, I was gonna call you in a little while and tell you, I made much better time than expected coming thru Toronto, I will be at the customer tonite, ready to unload 1st thing tomorrow, I will have to figure out how I am gonna get across the border legally on the US regs since I am only gonna be able to put in a Canadian 8 hr break, but I will worry about that after I am empty"...it improved his mood considerably. Almost 700 miles in a 65 mph truck, pulling 45k lbs, 1 border crossing, and driving thru Toronto and Montreal during daylight hours...and I still had a little over an hour of drive time left...gotta love Canadian HOS rules.

Lonesome, runningman0661 and dwells40 Thank this.
  10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    In a Mack no less.....

mitrucker Thanks this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Hooked to my....ugh....Wylie double drop...and for the record, I hate their double drops compared to Moore's. They're longer, and seem wider compared to ours. Either that or their glass area is smaller because I can walk down the middle of the A-frames on a raised frame...then it's a step and a half down to where the glass sits. They are supposedly ezroll conestoga trailers, but have some sort of wedge reinforcement front and back. In the back, it has a roll up tarp like a normal conestoga, but it is split down the middle with velcro where it goes under the reinforcement. And it feels like it flexes bad every time you hit a bump. I can tell, I am NOT gonna like it here, and it's only been 3.5 weeks...plus I almost hooked up to the wrong trailer. They have GD and GSD designations...GD is double drop, GSD is single drop. The had 2 loaded trailers side by side...same number, 1 GD and 1 GSD...mine was the GD, but it was tucked in behind the GSD...so all I saw was the GSD trailer. I went in the back and checked the load on the GSD trailer and none of the ID tags on the glass matched...after driving around the whole plant, I finally saw my trailer.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    88 Alpha, Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.