Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    IMG_20191206_090038.jpg

Yes, those are snowflakes falling on me again...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Better you than me. Have fun in the white stuff

Itsbrokeagain and supersnackbar Thank this.
  4. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Filling out a job app for a job you already have is never a good sign. They're weeding, you best have a plan b.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And they're claiming that it's because Moore 'outsourced' their hiring processes and they no longer have access to our personal info, which is b.s. because Moore keeps detailed files on their drivers when it comes to work history, incidents/accidents, damage claims etc. Now, these files are mysteriously unavailable.

I have decided that there will be no way I can tolerate the changes coming after Jan 1. While they have decided to allow PC use on elogs, there are other changes coming. All drivers are forced to take a $0.14/ mi per diem included in a similar cpm that we are getting now without per diem. Vacations are paid at a flat rate of $1000/wk instead of being based on a 52 week average like we have now. Live load pay will only be paid on tarped loads only(live loading roller tarped loads don't get load pay, even though you have to pad the trailer, pad each pack of glass and then secure the load). While this next part doesn't affect me since I am driving a Canada compliant truck, all trucks will be turned down to 65, and idle restrictions will be programmed into all trucks, APU equipped or not. They also have minimum performance and MPG requirements...on the performance part, this is stupid because we don't choose the loads we are dispatched on, we are just sent loads. Heck, even my DM doesn't have control of my loads, they just send them without asking. On the MPG front, our Macks don't get the greatest MPG's, nowhere near what Wylie's Petes get. My 2016 was lucky to clear 6 mpg, and this one is in the mid-6's on the winter blend out there now. They have also put a 4 day limit on hometime without prior approval. Based on chatting with my fellow Moore drivers since the merger crap started, slowing down the trucks, screwing with vacation pay along with idle reduction and forced per diem...there is gonna be a fair number of empty trucks come January.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Do you actually have a career as as a truck driver or are you just a wannbe? You seem to be all over the board giving your opinions as to what members post. As for me, I'm not a truck driver. I'm a well paid steering wheel holder.

Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  7. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    That's what happens when you let the old office people go first. You lose the one guy who knew where everything is.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Western flyer and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    If you are asking do I drive a truck, the answer would be yes, yes I do. Is this called a career? In some instances, it might be considered that. "All over the board"? No, generally, I stay in 2 or 3 forums.. If that, in your opinion, is "all over the board", then yes, guilty as charged. "Giving my opinions," is generally what happens around here, I'm certainly not going to give someone else's opinions, that would be silly, don't ya think? Mastered a lot of things over the years, but mind reading ain't one of 'em. But I am working on it! Then maybe I could give someone else's opinion.

Personally, I think this is a waste of space on SSB's fine thread on Moore Freight, don't ya think? Sorry, SSB, back to original programming.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You're a guy...we guys will never master the fine art of mind reading...only mothers and wives have that abiliity...:D

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    True, but it gives me a goal to try and achieve!

stuckinthemud Thanks this.
  11. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    No. It's the right comment to make. I have enjoyed reading SSB posts on all of the companies he has worked for. Sadly, all of the companies he has worked for have been OTR companies. Haven't you figured out that most OTR company drivers are not being paid for all of their time? Who, in their right mind would work for free? Certainly not me. Does it piss me off? Yes it does. I feel for those drivers out there. I drive next to them everyday. This industry stinks to high heaven when it comes to paying the drivers! The cost of healthcare is usually high, They get to the customer and usually have to give X amount of hours before they get paid for waiting, PTO is a joke for most of these drivers. And what is their cost of living working for their company? They need to eat and do laundry. I receive 13 paid holidays per year. If I work on a holiday, I get double time and a half. I receive 12 paid sick days per year at my regular 8 hour rate. I receive unlimited paid jury duty at my regular 8 hour rate. My vacation pay is calculated off my last year paycheck and paid at 1 5/2 of the gross. And I'm home in my own bed every night.

This is what it looks like to work for a good company!

stuckinthemud Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.