Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Many times once they refuse the load, especially if it's too damaged to unload, it gets dumped at a receiver in their parking lot, and with the weight of a pack of glass that size, it would likely damage a roll off or fly in all directions. Landing fairly flat on the ground keeps it in a fairly localized area. That bucket to the left of the truck is probably what they used to scoop it up. Even inside the plant, they have a special area where the cranes set damaged packs down like they are on a trailer, then they are pushed over so they land flat in a pile like that.

One of the guys in my orientations class had a major faux pas in his 1st few months. Had to panic stop with a single drop load, the only thing the receiver kept was 1 crate of glass, everything else on the trailer was totaled. The cleanup cost was $12,000 alone, and took 2 days.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    So what happens if a driver has a load refused? Is there any repercussions ?

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Nothing as far as penalizing the driver unless it something they did that was extremely careless. Every experienced glass hauler will tell you "you're gonna have breakage every now and then", but as long as you don't have a lot of claims, they accept it. The driver who I mentioned earlier is still here. He got called into corporate for a meeting with management, but they didn't fire him. We are told that if we are ever in a situation where we suspect that we might have had an incident that caused breakage, we are to find a safe place to stop (preferably a truck stop or big rest area) and check our load. If there is considerable breakage, we aren't suppose to move with it for fear that the broken glass might come loose and come thru the tarp and injure someone. That's where he screwed up. He knew he had damaged the load, but proceeded to the receiver anyway, endangering the motoring public. We, the company, are only held responsible for the damage to the 1st and last pieces of glass on each pack, unless the entire pack is broken. If there is damage to an in between piece, but the inside and outside pieces are fine, it's the plant's damage. That only goes for breakage, if the load is refused because it's wet, it's our fault.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I am on my 1st rolling rack van load. Only took 4 months :rolleyes:. Well, it's 1 rolling rack and 3 stationary racks. Things are extremely slow here, but thankfully the slow season in glass is conveniently around the time drivers get paid back the money from the interest free loan to Uncle Sam's Infernal Revenue Service, so it isn't hurting me as bad as it could be. And next slow season, I will have run a busy season to get some savings built up, so it only gets better from here for me. Even though this slow time has tested my patience a bit lately, I am still confident I made the right move coming here.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    BTW, this is a stationary rack...sorry, vans are a bit dark inside.

20180227_102914.jpg

And this is a rolling rack

20180227_102929.jpg 20180227_103031.jpg

And this is the "hitch" they pull/push them around with. The adapter is just a couple tubes that go over the forks of a forklift, with a crossbar and the biggest hitch ball they make for regular vehicles. 20180227_103105.jpg

majestyk, runningman0661 and ArmyGuy Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Just a quick update on my truck. It's been 7 days since I had the latest repair. Pulled 2 loads, 1 was a heavy load up I-79 thru the WV and PA mountains and my oil level hasn't changed. Plus I no longer smell diesel when I idle. So, it would seem that the 3rd times a charm.

8. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
  9. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Have you seen how they’re speced out yet? I saw on their FB page they ordered 50.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I haven't heard officially, but the guy at the Knoxville Mack dealer said they are well equipped. If this was the one that I saw at the dealer, it isn't fully loaded, but not stripped down either. I couldn't get in to snoop, but I could see it had a cubby hole where the promo video on YouTube showed a touch screen...but I did see a/c plugs built in, so I hope they have them equipped with a built in inverter.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    runningman0661 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.