Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It doesn't do any good, he's a corporate Wylie boss and just like many people that are part of the Fargo crowd, they think they are god's gift to the trucking world...although I think he may be from the Sanford, NC yard...he acts like most people do in Fargo.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Yeah we have new dispatchers that call you after 2 weeks. My old dispatcher who quit never bothered about the truck wash as long as you got it done once a month. I don't get paid a single cent to wash their truck so I only do it if I happen to pass one, on my route, on the weekend when there is no line. If there's a line I don't stop.

The new dispatcher told me that now they don't pay for the miles going home, any of them, even though its really part of the deadhead going somewhere like Laurinburg or Church Hill after home time, and tried telling me that has always been the policy, yet the 5 years of weekly paychecks on my phone prove otherwise. But they spend 100 dollars a month washing a truck that is instantly dirty 5 minutes after leaving the truck wash, and I only go home 4-5 times a year.

I guess the day is coming...

Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I believe our hometime miles are paid IF we're in route back to a plant, or up 150 miles OOR, except double drop loads. (Will have to check the e-mail they sent out when we first became Wylie). I have always gotten the same miles back to the same plant as I was paid loaded even when heading home. But, for my hometime loads, I was always given loads south of where I live so I was basically headed by the house on the way back anyway.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Had to chuckle a bit today. I got back to Laurinburg to drop my trailer this morning and wait for my next load to be loaded, and everyone around here is bundled up like it's below 0. Before it started raining it was actually in the low 40's.

88 Alpha and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    It used to be that before hometime I'd get a load to Ohio, NJ, etc, then get sent home empty on a DH back to Laurinburg but not paid for going home, just the DH back to Laurinburg, which makes sense because I'm going to get sent back there anyway. I live in between so I don't expect to get paid for the miles home, just for the DH back to where I will always be sent after going home anyway.

Now I might get a DH from Maine or Alabama 500+ miles back home, totally unpaid, then paid for the short 100 miles from home to Laurinburg. So they've turned it into a free DH for the company but explain to me that it was always supposed to be that way and nothing has changed. I could see their point if I was going home every weekend or 3 but I stay out for months and get sent from Florida to California, Maine to Utah, etc because they know I'm not going home. Most drivers don't stay out and don't leave their region for long because they are going to be going back home and sending them home every 2-3 weeks is probably expensive.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  7. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    The loaders in Church Hill wanted me to drop my trailer so they could close the door last month when I was delivering them a load from Spring Hill and it was 50 degrees outside and they had that giant space heater going full blast right next to the trailer.

Except they sat right there and watched me untarp and unstrap everything before telling me to move the truck outside as if I should have known that it was too cold to do their jobs.

When I told them that I had to restrap everything before moving the truck (they don't know that?) they just unloaded it with the doors open. As if they were going to freeze to death. ####ing idiots.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That's how they trained us to load/secure a load. They would let you do it without saying a word, then show you where you screwed up and make you redo it. In regards to securing, it taught us to do it right the 1st time...perhaps they were still in training mode. Depending on what product you had on, you could have carefully unhooked w/o restrapping, just have to wind you landing gear down farther and be real gentle pulling out from under.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Another load...another weight issue. I am 79,600 with under 3/4 tanks. With my 5th wheel as far forward as I can set it and still turn, I am 600 lbs over on my drives and 12,200 on the steers, and I am at the 87 mm on I-20 in SC. So, I transferred all my snow chains aft and secured them in a milk crate. The load says it's on 45,500 on a Wylie double drop...the last heavy load out of Laurinburg was 47,200 and I was only 380 over gross on a Wylie D/D...something ain't adding up, almost the same fuel level, same year trailer, but 1000 lbs off. Glass isn't usually this unpredictable when it comes to weight.

10. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    Yeah it sounds like they loaded all of the stoces about a foot or more too far to the front since you are still under gross weight but just barely.

Their double drops are way heavier than ours though. We can get Max 45500 on ours but then gross weight is like 78000 and once I picked up 46500 and was still OK.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They're all aluminum and are suppose to be lighter than Moore's double drops, but I remember, pre-Wylie, being able to put 45+ on without worrying about scaling. My truck and an empty Moore double use to gross right at 33,000, so I'm not sure whatsup...maybe they're sneaking extra lites in every pack and not listing it on the B/L. I know that I only have 6 packs of 1/4" 84x130's, but they are the thickest packs I have ever seen. Most places wouldn't be able to lift these.

Not sure they could slide them back any further

2020-02-01 11.54.54.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.