Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I am clearing out a bunch while I am home. The wife is going in for minor surgery Monday, once she is done with any follow-up visits, then I get busy getting out of here..if I ever find someplace that pays decent, on W2 and has health insurance that won't bankrupt me.

Lonesome and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Check out Denny out of Denver. Its a reefer outfit. Theres a thread on here and they sound like a good outfit. Sounds like you can make good money there

supersnackbar Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I am fixin to stir up a hornets nest with safety. Several times a week we get ''here is how you drivers are f'g up" messages, and a lot of them are about not certifying our elogs...I started taking pictures of my certified logs that I certified the following morning. Today (2/7) I checked, and my 2/5 log showed not certified..but on 2/6 I have a picture of it properly certified. I messaged the safety supervisor about the problem a week or so ago, but today I emailed him proof of it and let them know that I have no issue throwing Wylie under the bus if I get a ticket for uncertified logs (that I have proof that they were certified properly) and I am keeping a copy of the email informing them that their equipment is defective.......let the games begin!!!!!

5. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    We have that same issue with our peoplenet. I go to the peoplenet website and certify mine, then I don’t have any issues

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I would hate to have to certify twice, or certify once and request logs every day (so that my dash unit has updated logs), all because some halfwitt software geek can't program worth a crap. I think the D.O.T. should ban this system until it's fully operational. Either that or companies need to file a class action lawsuit because every driver that get's a citation for an erronious non-certified log has a direct effect on not only the drivers PSP but the company's CSA.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  7. akaDug

akaDug Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2020
    I know sometimes they used to put an extra lite or two in the stoces just in-case you cracked one, but that wasn't always the case. I haven't hauled glass in a few years, but I believe Cardinal out of Spring Green used to do that at least, even though they made you stuff the ends of everything. I miss that place though...

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I had heard that some places add extra, especially on the really thin glass, just because they expect a certain amount of breakage. That 1.5 or 2 mm is really a PITA to haul.

As far as end packing, all the loads that were preloaded on Wylie trailers lately out of Laurinburg and Geneva have been end packed, even the 1/4 and 1/2 in glass...anything over 6mm(1/4 in) doesn't need it, but Wylie seems to think it does. They even put the cardboard corner board on the ends on their conestoga loads for some reason... haven't figured out why just yet...but, it's their money (AGC doesn't supply the cardboard corner board, only the padding between the glass)

Lonesome and akaDug Thank this.
  9. akaDug

akaDug Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2020
    That thin stuff is a pain in the butt, for sure. I wonder if the guys over in Perrysburg still make you push off your own lites if you come in there with anything broken. That used to be a headache in the wind and time consuming to clean up.

Nothing wrong with padding the end of some glass, but putting the cardboard corners on a conestoga load? Hahaha, alright then...

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Ahhh Florida. It's in the low 80's today. When I looked at the Weather Channel today, my boss' in Fargo are enjoying sub-0 temps tonite and under a blizzard warning.

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I’m at the Iowa 80 tonight and one of the waitresses said that they are predicting below zero degrees here on Thursday. Glad I’m leaving in the morning!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.