Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Neither does Central Oregon (COTC)(as in, they don't have PC)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got another all case load of glass on a Moore flatbed. Must be case season. Headed to ''Amarillo by mornin"

Lonesome and Aamcotrans Thank this.
  4. Itsbrokeagain

Itsbrokeagain Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    There's been articles all over the web saying the biggest decline is going to be in March and April this year. Don't know how much truth there is to that, but if you can survive those months I think things will start rebounding. There's a lot of over capacity still, maybe once it all dies down work will pick up for you.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And the chipping away at our PC usage begins. We got a message from safety saying that PC can no longer be used by drivers who are returning from home back to a plant(after dropping any trailer at the yard to go home for hometime) if they are dispatched on their next load. They claim that even bobtailing back constitutes advancing the load, which is a total crock. If they haven't connected, inspected or reported for duty...how can bobtailing back from home be on duty time(unless they are reporting to a different location than where they were last on duty - which use to be the way the DOT wanted it to be before the latest PC rule change). While this won't affect me since I am always doing hometime enroute from a delivery, and I am hundreds of miles from any plant, there are plenty of drivers who live close to one of the plants that this will be a problem for. What's next, outlawing PC if I am sitting at a yard and dispatched on a load that I don't need to start doing anything to until morning...I can feel the PC 'frog soup' starting to cook now.

TokyoJoe and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yep some companies are doing exactly that, at CRST you have to request PC and then hope they approve it after you have PC’d. I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with that foolishness.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If your company paid a little better, I'd apply tomorrow!!!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah I’d have to make sure our insurance was enough to cover you and your wife anyway. If you ever do get interested you know where to ask. Good luck on the hunt!

Itsbrokeagain and supersnackbar Thank this.
  9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Did you see any Mavericks trucks at Viracon? Just wondering because I haven't been sent there in about 6 months. Maybe Wylie stole all those loads from us haha.

My week so far is about 500 miles for 3 days, 400 more for the next 3. After Friday I have no idea but 900 miles for 5-6 days looks like another minimum week for me.

Me and the wife did spend a day and several hundred dollars at an outlet mall though. I've been hitting outlet malls almost as often as consignee's lately. Seriously.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    There was a MavIC driver there pulling a double when I unloaded Sunday. I see at least 1 or 2 every time I deliver there. I see about as many Schneider/Viracon dedicated trucks as I do Maverick. Maybe they started running more of their own freight. They have had me running out of Laurinburg more lately, so I don't get to see how many loads to Owatonna are in Spring Hill's box as often as I use to.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.