Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    So since Laurinburg last Friday you have over 4000 miles and still get a 34 in!

I left Laurinburg the same day you did and I'm getting paid to sit around. 1100 total miles at the moment since Sunday so Minimum pay it is.

I was given 1/2 of someone else's load on Friday to pick up Saturday and deliver whenever by Monday, 600 miles. So since our week ends at the end of Saturday and I'm guaranteed minimum pay whether I drive the miles or not, I'm saving the miles for Sunday to start off next week with 600+ miles.

Doing that means that I might get less total miles but will more than likely still make more money. My DM would still try to convince me that I'm screwing myself by doing this. This week I make over a dollar a mile for 1100 miles. Next week I hope to get more than the minimum and help that by starting out with 600 before they show up to work on Monday.

I will have 600 miles by Sunday evening yet odds are that by next Saturday I'll still barely touch 2000 for the week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Are guys hauling general freignt getting more miles?

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Not really sure.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Unload went fine. Found out that the customer is expecting 11 loads that unload at 1 receiving dock whos crane overlaps the production crane so production has to stop while unloading takes place. So, they were anxious to get as many loads unloaded on Saturday when the production department wasn't working. 3 of us unloaded by 12:30...now I am headed off to Laurinburg, along with many others.

One of the drivers unloading ahead of me said that the rumor is, the former boss at Moore (after the Daseke buyout) has another company to run (not sure if he started it or just hired on), but the rumor is that they have gotten in at Laurinburg, and as of the 28th of this month, Maverick is suppose to be all but out of there. I'll believe it when I see it. I was told he, years ago, was the one who bit off more than Moore could chew and contracted as many loads as Pilkington could give them, then couldn't provide enough equipment to keep up and pissed off Pilkington. We shall see, he ran Moore into the ground, maybe he'll take out another company and reduce the competition.

Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  6. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Saw at least 5 Wylie trucks..between Dallas and Houston... on I-45 last week

7. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Well if there's another company at Laurinburg you should see their trucks when you get there. I do know that Maverick already does have a lot fewer loads coming out of there already.

They keep hiring glass drivers though so everybody except for FND can get garbage miles.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    To my fellow Wylie glass haulers that might glance thru this thread...I just pulled enough trash out of this trailer to fill a kitchen garbage bag...but will I rat out the previous drivers and tell management? Simple answer here HECK NO!!! Because it's our ummmm, what's the word I am searching for...oh yea it's our JOB. Don't call management, piss and moan about nasty trailers...just clean it out, it took me 5 minutes. So, for the door slammers that follow along, your fellow company drivers aren't the only lazy arses that leave the trashed trailers for the next driver, it happens in open deck (conestogas) too.

Lonesome, MACK E-6 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  9. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Oh it happens everywhere, I stay hooked to my trailer, and I’m blessed to do so because some of the crap that gets left for others to deal with made me more than willing to say goodbye to drop and hook...

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You should’ve seen my load Friday morning. I had enough pieces of pallets all over the place to build two other pallets.

TokyoJoe and Itsbrokeagain Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Sounds like some of the empty trailers I would hook to at a Wally D/C when I worked for Crete...I swear that company's D/C workers unload like they're having a pallet trashing contest

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.