Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Either way, our trailers or lease 53' and start a temporary food/supply division. I mean, there are plenty of Celedon trailers not being used...and I bet the bankruptcy court would make a heck of a deal on their used trailers.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Stopped at a Walmart yesterday. To be totally honest, it's depressing. We had more people waiting at the door for them to open than I saw on Black Friday. There was even a local cop there...but, she was shopping, not doing crowd control. When they announced 'all available associates please report to receiving to help unload the meat/produce truck' you would have thought the vultures and hyenas just saw a gazelle stager and fall the way the crowd took off...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  4. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I don't even go to Walmart anymore because you know that all the idiot zombies are going to raid everything there first like it's black friday.

In Church Hill I went to Food City and they had everything stocked a few days ago. In Indiana I went to the Meijer and same thing there. In Texas last week United supermarket had everything including tons of huge fresh steaks, very high quality hand made burgers etc. You won't ever find that good stuff at any Walmart.

The only thing not always in stock has been hand sanitizer and I already have a couple bottles of that anyway.

Western flyer and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Well I am now off the road and sheltered at home. Primarily because of my age my doctor does not want me out and driving the 48 states until this crap is over with. So I am going to make the best of this somewhat forced vacation. You guys be safe out there!!

6. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    So my.weekend load, to be delivered on Tuesday, picked up Friday was under 400 miles.

Then yesterday we were all informed that guaranteed pay is probably not happening anymore after this week so it's starting to look like it's going to be time to consider becoming a door swinger. I doubt they'd be able to deliver much toilet paper on one of these glass double drops.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    There was a Mav in Ft. Worth yesterday that was a Wichita Falls dedicated talking about being glad he had the guaranteed pay. He said he heard rumors that Wichita Falls might shut down for a short while because of the beer flu. He said he would lose the guaranteed pay if they did. I guess he hadn't heard that Mav was doing away with it across the board.

8. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Either he hadnt heard they were doing away with it or the drivers on dedicated keep theirs while everyone else loses the guarantee

9. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    Well the dedicated guarantee is probably lower and as long as they are still going why would they get rid of it but it'll be next if they slow down too.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Things are still pretty much the same over here. Semi-weekly reports of freight claims and equipment damages. Plus a few extra messages thrown in on how else we Wylie drivers are screwing up. One in particular shows how little the Op's manager knows about our system. He sent out a message last weekend about how drivers aren't updating their Workflow status. Huh????? Mine, and everyone I have spoken to says it's annoyingly automatic. Get within a mile or so of your next stop, and it beeps you like that annoying child in the back seat...'are you there yet'...hit no, because you aren't there yet, move 5', stop....'are you there yet'. Once you hit yes, then it pops up the load/empty canned message, which you have to suspend so you can change log status, then in the middle of updating your shipment and trailer info, it just forces the load/empty msg back in the way. How can anyone not be up to date on that...unless there is a malfunction, but... that's probably the drivers fault to. After all, now that we're Wylie, just like every other bottom feeder company, it's always the driver's fault.

Another thing that has me steamed is the load pay. At Moore, the driver got paid to live load every time, no matter what kind of equipment. Flat, step, double...if glass was live loaded, and the driver was inside, they got the same amount. Now, at Wylie, they only pay to live load double-drop trailers. Flat and single drops get nothing. Even though you have to do pretty much the same thing as far as padding and securement, you don't get a dime to load anything but doubles. It's no wonder they're losing drivers in moderate numbers. I talked to someone it op's yesterday, and 6 more drivers walked in and handed them the keys this week. Serves Wylie right...run off the experienced glass haulers and fill seats with what you can get, then don't train them to secure and haulng glass, and the results are exactly what their getting...broken loads and messed up equipment. I have 0 sympathy for these self centered idiots.

11. TokyoJoe

Feb 10, 2015
    Really they only pay you to live load double drops? That really makes no sense at all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.