Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My daughter said the one in Gainesville she shopped at the other day had one-way isles set up, and it was a nightmare. And my wife said she saw a news report about a Costco or BJ's that was limiting capacity, the line went clear around the whole side of the building...and it was raining. I think you're right, hoarding, round 2 begins at a store near you coming soon.

mitrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Right after I posted that I found that Target, Food City, and Wegmans were doing it too. Home Depot also.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Meanwhile, around 30,000 people of all ages have died of the flu so far this year in the U.S.

5. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    What percentage of those had the flu shot?

rachi Thanks this.
  6. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Yeah, and it's only going to take covid about 20 days to catch up.

dakgator and ncmickey Thank this.
  7. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    So I called in a couple days ago to start back up after taking a week off at home. I was told there won't be a load for me for the weekend. So I'll call back on Monday

If I get the same thing Monday and Tuesday next week I'm going to start asking about unemployment and whether being sat at home, unpaid, is considered being laid off in truckdriverland. Somehow I get the feeling that the company isn't going to tell me anything useful.

I've never tried to get unemployment ever but since it's now paying more than actually working I won't turn down the communist movement when the entire country is now on it.

If I need to survive what is starting to look like our zombie apocalypse I'm probably better off doing it at home anyway with all of my weapons and food.

Oh, and all that Toilet Paper!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It appears that Church Hill is on a reduced production level as well. Usually, you see loaders come and go all weekend when sitting at the drop yard. I dropped a transfer load from Spring Hill here Sunday morning and saw my 1st loader drive by this morning around 730. This is getting very serious in terms of the lack of glass freight here as well.

9. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I was meant to start glass, but that’s been put on hold as they are moving glass haulers to general freight at the moment.

10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Not sure about that but I would guess most that died did not have one??

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    The flu shot has a 45% success rate. It would be safe to say that quite a few that died did in fact have the shot.

rachi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.