Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2015
    That's what I'm talking about the ring is stitched into the tarp if you look closely you can see the stitching goes to the tarp on the left not the one on the right and by the shadows it looks like the tarp on the right goes under the tarp on the left.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Maybe the image got inverted?

Nevermind, that's not possible, the lettering on the straps would be inverted too.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I think the tarp on the right kinda got folded under itself at the d-ring of the tarp on the left, but it is tarped backwards from what would make sense to me. Common sense says layer your tarp so it flows with the wind, not against it...but we all know how uncommon common sense is these days.

MACK E-6 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Chilly up here in the NE, yesterday when I stopped at the PA I-83 rest area between Baltimore and Harrisburg for my load check, the dash said it was in the mid-40's. Last night here in Mass, it was in the upper 40's.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, my day is shot. Found this last evening at the customer IMG_20200615_080211.jpg

But since I was at 0 drive hours, and operations doesn't work weekends here, it would do me no good to call breakdown since I didn't know which way I was headed. It took 3.5-4 hours this morning for the brain trust in Mascot to decide, by the time I got to the shop, it will now be pushing 5 pm before I get in to have this replaced. And these tires are a month old, and were supposed to be virgin rubber. I have 3 different sidewall name stamps (including one that says Bridgestone with the others saying Michelin) but all have the exact tread pattern... they're obviously recaps...Wonder if Wylie got charged for virgin rubber and the tire shop hoped they wouldn't notice. Or maybe they put caps on because this truck will be traded soon...but I was told that we DON'T use recaps here now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Lonesome, Wasted Thyme and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I never liked strapping OVER the tarp. Always under.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Seems to me that it would allow too much of chance for movement. We haul some special plastic wrapped glass that is moisture sensitive until the glazing customer processes it. It is a PITA to keep in place...you have to put some extra tension on the straps both on the glass and the header because that stuff moves if you're not really careful. I would imagine securing freight over a tarp would be about the same.

Farmerbob1 and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Took until almost 21:00 to get my tire replaced, not because the T/A is slow, but they were just that busy. Any time I went in the shop office, there was a line and constant phone calls for road service(which get a priority over on-site customers because they're sitting on the side of the road). And the tire technician said the same thing about my tires being may-pops.

Farmerbob1 and Dale thompson Thank this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Plus I want to know what the straps are on. Are they securing something solid, or a flimsy machine guard or similar?

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  11. Itsbrokeagain

Itsbrokeagain Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    Those tires are def recaps....our Vactors have all recaps on the drives due to city use and tight turning which chews them up, half say GoodYear, some say Michelin. But all the same tread pattern.

Bumper and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted