Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Yeah and the calendar agrees, it's July. Not going to get cooler for months.

People everywhere I go are pretending to want to wear a mask but they more closely resemble a neck gaiter.

Why even wear the ###### thing? I just keep mine in my pocket for emergencies, like if some idiot tells me that I have to wear one, which still hasn't happened.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This heat is a little early, I'd expect it in August.

Spending my 34 here at the Love's in Rockwall. They have the 'must wear face covering' sign at every door, and they were asking anyone coming in to the store without a mask to put one on.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Texas governor mandated it..but law enforcement across the state are refusing to enforce due to other more important issues to deal with...also the governor is being sued of it for unconstitutional authority due to the threatening to fine people $250 for not wearing one.....this whole corona deal is a farce as far as them screaming end of the world bs..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, being a former naysayer myself about the beer flu, I think it's more than just a media hyped ratings issue. Otherwise hospitals wouldn't be at or over capacity in a lot of areas. My wife had to take her mom to the ER last week. She sat in the waiting room for 5 or 6 hours, then once they got her in, examined, processed, and made the decision to admit her, they had to sit in the triage area another 4 or 5 hours waiting on a room. They had patience in beds lined up in the halls. And my urologist needs me to schedule a treatment to blast a large kidney stone, a procedure that has to be done in the hospital because pretty much most urologists offices don't have the in-office facilities to do it, but they're talking August before it can be done because the hospitals are limiting non-emergency procedures right now because of the drastic spike in covid cases.

4mer trucker and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Case counts are up but actual death counts are way down. 92% of what they were at the peak. It’s either getting weaker or they know how to treat it much better.

7. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    As of last week in our County, there have been 504 Deaths attributed to the Virus and 404 were in Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities. The current uptick of Positive Cases seems to be effecting a younger portion of the population that can better handle the infection and recovery

8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    That is part of it, the other part is that doctors now know and recognize better symptom treatments, so folks aren't dying of lung failure as often.

The last part of it is that most people who contract the disease have no significant symptoms. We are counting those people now because we can detect them.

TokyoJoe and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Partially true, but in my area, the hospitals are over capacity, and they only admit you if there is a need for medical treatment beyond what you can get at home. The hospital my Mother-in-law is in, starting tomorrow, will no longer permit visitors.

Farmerbob1 and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, the live load wasn't as much of a challenge as I though it was gonna be. They gave me 3 130 x 204 packs, which fills one side, then on the smaller glass, 3 of one size and 2 of the other, which fills the other side. Weight wise, it was as unbalanced as an 11 pack of 96 x 130's would be. The one issue was, they had to hunt glass. I was suppose to pick up at 20:00. Had the trailer all prepped and ready by 19:15. They didn't start loading until after 21:00, partially because they were 2 short on the big glass and were looking for it. Their computer said they had it, but weren't sure where it was. They loaded the 1 big pack, then loaded the rest while the foreman was on the hunt. I had one side done, secured and had the belly tarp secured, and sat there until after 23:00 before the other glass showed up. Then, once it was on the trailer, poof, the loaders disappeared leaving me to pull my own main tarp. Unlike a regular flatbed, tarping a fixed A-frame double drop with a mixed load of glass is a challenge for one person now that we aren't permitted to walk on the glass. All told, it was after 1 am before I got out of the dock. But, I guess I did it right, the load is as balanced as it gets

Screenshot_20200708-120749.png

11. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    That place (WF) has a habit of losing their glass. A few months ago I was going to Los Angeles somewhere, the combined driver after me was supposed to be going to the same place. The only problem was they couldn't find his glass so they told him to come back, but it was Friday night already so I'm thinking that dude got screwed.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.