Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    We went from prepass to drivewyze now I have to stop at every scale in OK when I ised to always get the green light on prepass

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When I was at Magnum, I tried Drivewyze when I was waiting for the company to straighten out the snafu with the Prepass issued to my truck, I wasn't impressed...the only advantage I saw was I got to bypass the St. Croix scales just before the twin cities bypass(that didn't have Prepass)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  4. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Only good thing I can see are the few texas scales on drivewyze but those usually arent the busy scales

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Even with my battle royale(s) with various levels of management, I still managed just under 13,000 paid miles in July. Plus some live loads and a couple days layover in there as well. When they originally had me moving new trailers last weekend, I thought the possibility of getting over 10k was somewhere between slim and none, but it ended up better than expected.

I am currently planned on a single drop load out of Church Hill that delivers up near Cleveland OH on Monday, then also planned on a live load out of Carleton MI headed back to GA for Weds. I questioned my DM about swapping trailers to a double drop before the live load. The info says 6 pc, and 46k lbs which tells me jumbo size glass, which you can't fit on a single drop...but he said that I will be loading the trailer I am pulling to OH...okey dokey, just thinking ahead to avoid a mix-up that cost me miles and costs the company some embarrassment in the eyes of the customer. Maybe they didn't show all the pieces I will be loading...maybe only 1 p.o.'s freight is shown and I will really be picking up a 10 or 11 pack...oh wait...silly me, I'm not authorized to think... that's above my pay grade.

6. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Did you call them or send a message? That's the sort of thing you put in a message.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Yeah, I sent him a msg. When he called me before he dispatched me on the load his phone (or my phone) would break up just as he said the words "after you are empty in OH, you'll be headed ----- -------- ------- to live load...". He told me 3x, and it broke up at the same point every time. So I asked if I was going thru Rossford to swap to a double drop because it looks like I am picking up glass that won't fit on a single...he said no, live load the one I am delivering with on Monday.

I am surprised I didn't get a call from corporate after that. I still haven't watched the "how to think like a Wylie driver" training video, and haven't had my 'Authorization to think for yourself" form approved yet...(this paragraph is just my attempt at sarcastic humor, they don't have such things....YET)

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Church Hill is waaaaaaay behind today. My load was supposed to be ready at 3 am this morning...they haven't started loading it as of 20:00...I use to enjoy being a glass hauler, but I can honestly say, this isn't for me any more. I don't recall ever having this many loads this delayed this often when I pulled a reefer. And reefer freight has the reputation for causing a lot of sitting and waiting. So, if you're the kind of OCD driver like me, that likes to be on time, and likes their loads out when they're supposed to be, then glass wouldn't be for you.

*Update

Turns out, the shippers instructions on this load say 'no roller tarps' (as in conestoga trailers) and the trailer assigned is a conestoga. So, they parked the trailer off to the side until someone makes a decision. And they knew about this YESTERDAY. Now, our after hours guy can't get any of the multitude of managers Wylie has to answer the phone and make a decision...I feel a hissey fit coming on!!!!!

*Update 2
    Wylie management decided to load the conestoga trailer that was assigned, even though the customer said no conestogas...but it wasn't until almost 2200 last night when they made the decision. Now it's 4:30 the next morning...and my load still isn't out. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Wylie is so incompetent, they shouldn't be trusted by the glass companies to haul glass. I truely believe they would f'up a wet dream

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  9. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    But shouldn't you get layover pay for sitting through their incompetence?

If that was one of my loads I'd probably just get boned on detention even though it was supposed to be ready for pickup.

I really don't mind showing up on time and the load isn't ready as long as I get paid for waiting since I'll usually make the delivery on time anyway.

Dale thompson and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If my DM can get it pushed thru, I will. The load is one of those "can't be late, rush" loads that AGC insists must be there on time. And as close to losing more AGC lanes as this company is, We-lie want this delivered on time as well. The down side is, if I don't get moving with enough time for a 10 before delivery, it screws me on my reload out of Carleton Monday afternoon because I won't have enough time on my 14 to drive to the delivery, unload, then drive to Carleton, load and find close enough parking before my day is up.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  11. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    Note to self............
    Dont ever work for We-Lie.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.