Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Laurinburg, Laurinburg...how I hate Laurinburg. Yesterday, planning did another one of the swap load surprises, putting me on a Rock Hill before I head to Miami. Well, the load to Rock Hill was suppose to be out by 1500...at 2200 I stopped looking out my curtains to see if it was ready yet, and layed down for a nap. I had a 5 am delivery, and it's around 2 hours of drive time. Got up, after 1, and it was ready. So I tied down my tarp and headed out. Unload went smooth and I was sitting back at the Laurinburg plant by 11 because the trailer had a marker light with a bad wire, and I had a headlight out, so I went by the shop first... My Miami was originally scheduled to be ready at 7:00, so I called the Wylie guy in the office to see what trailer was assigned because they sent it to me Monday, so the info didn't have a trailer on it. When he asked what time it was suppose to be ready, I said 7 am...he just laughed. He told me the trailer number, and said we just backed it in to load...4+ hours after it was suppose to be ready, and they're just backing it in? So, now my day today is shot, and it's gonna be a '715 miles in just over 24 hrs' type run...God I HATE this place. I pray the doctor doesn't see any remnants of kidney stones. At this point, by the time I make my final decision on who to work for, get an application put in and get approved, I will be within a few weeks of having vacation time...but as bad as I want out of here, it's worth the sacrifice to leave without taking it... especially since I have had numerous weeks off lately with these stones.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    On a positive note, Wylie has changed their live load pay a little. We use to get $100 for any glass load we had to live load, regardless of what type of trailer. Then when We-lie took over, the only trailer we got paid for were Moore double drops(even though you pad and secure pretty much the same way on other trailers). Now we just got a message that as of 9/1 we get $50 for live loading glass on all type trailers, and an additional $50 for Moore double drops.

Lonesome, dwells40 and Dale thompson Thank this.
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Sounds too much like work for this old man...

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    After the last few months, it's almost to much for this slightly less old man.

Itsbrokeagain, Bumper and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. RedBeard

RedBeard Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    I haven't held the steering wheel of anything heavier than a half-ton pickup in 5 years, except to move a day cab from one end of the dropyard to the other, or hook/unhook trailers. I used to wonder how I ever did anything but drive over-the-road for a living and considered my entire career up to that point as wasted time. I loved it. A lot.

Now I'm a little older and love being in the bed with Mrs. RedBeard every night and making about what I made in my best year on the road as an O/O. My current employer is very good to me. My boss is top-shelf and has taught me a lot. And they're paying me enough to afford a new pickup truck and a nice old house in the historic district of this little panhandle town, and doing tuition reimbursement while I get my business degree.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  7. RedBeard

RedBeard Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    This might be the bourbon talking, but I do owe a debt to everybody who gave me pointers along the way when I was behind the wheel. From my first trainer to jdrentzjr who kind of mentored me in the O/O path, I wouldn't be where I am today without the information and advice y'all have given.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Honestly, I think I would rather deal with traffic in Miami, Orlando or Atlanta than Gainesville. I've had to come down to Gainesville yesterday and today for my urologist's appointments(in my 4-wheeler) and it's getting to be a PITA coming down here. It's a small city with big city traffic hassles.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Who says this is a stressful job that drives your BP up. This whole time, even when I was in the hospital waiting on the laser guided roto-rooter, it was normal. Today, 123/72 at 2 doctors offices. Urologist says only a minute fragment in my left kidney, that is small enough to pass unnoticed...however, now my uric acid is elevated. WTF!!! When I was 260 lbs, my sugar was high, but everything else was ok(and no kidney stones). Now, 205 lbs, I have kidney stones and my uric acid is higher than it should be (in my pee, not in my blood)...but my sugar is normal (w/o meds)

10. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Well good to hear things are passing lol. Hopefully this news will help speed your exit!

Itsbrokeagain and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My boss(a.k.a. the wifey) is trying to encourage me to stay until the end of the year since I have all my out of pocket medical expenses met. That way I can get everything else I need fixed w/o any out of pocket money. I had to break the bad news that mental health coverage isn't included in our plan, and if I stayed that long I would be almost certifiably insane.

This is 'Driver Appreciation' week here. And to show us how much they appreciate us, they're giving us a choice of cheesy $30 gifts. A pull-over hoodie, a soft side cooler, a duffle bag or a 30 oz insulated tumbler...all inscribed with the Wyle logo of course. Wait, you cut our trucks back (on speed, power and idle), you excessively restrict our PC usage, you cut our live loading pay, you cutoff our Prepass, you try to intimidate us by telling us you will move us to general freight if we don't comply with a rolling rack policy in Laurinburg (that you never told us you changed)..but to show us how much you appreciate us by giving us a cheap trinket of a gift...I guess they are showing us how much they appreciate us...to the tune of $30.

A friend I went thru orientation with that moved on months ago said Wylie upped their game trying to re-recruit him. It was voicemails, then email(after the 1 phone call where he told them to pound sand, the rest go to v-mail)...now they're sending him text messages saying 'we miss you and want you back'...I don't know if his iPhone has the ability to black-list callers and text messages senders, but my Android would have them blacklisted in a heartbeat. Heck, I still work here and I let my Google Assistant answer any phone calls with a Fargo area code.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.