Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Saw that one of my favorite actors died this weekend...RIP Gunney

One of my favorite commercials of his

kurbski, MACK E-6, thetourman and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Things are starting to pick up all around over here. After my return trip from Grenada MS to Spring Hill, I pulled an empty double drop back to the corporate trailer shop in Mascot for some major aluminum welding. Then bobtailed up to Church Hill to pick up a load that gets me thru the house for some real home time. I'll have to split my time off around the delivery, but my Driver Manager said I could take whatever time off I needed after the delivery. Since I left home on Feb 19th, I have taken 1 24hr day at home, mostly because the freight has been so slow, I really couldn't afford time at home on top of the down time waiting for freight.

The one thing I like about hauling glass on an open deck is the ability to haul loads without worrying about axle weights. This load, I am grossing 79,600 on a flatbed. With the spreads, I am 11,120, 32,200, and 36,300 (17,860 and 18,440 on the spread)...you almost never have to scale unless you think you're overgross.

And to my naysayers that said that I would be #####in and complaining and gone within 6 months...a week from tomorrow is 6 months...so please, go back thru this thread and count the #####es and complaints....I will accept your apologies as humbly as I can... images-37.jpg :yes2557:

If my Micky offends any of the non-nay-sayers, I apologize...if it offends the naysayers, oh well...as far as they're concerned, I don't give a flying fornication about their opinion anyway.

As far as pay, some may wonder if I have improved my paycheck coming here. As of next Friday, that will be 1/3 of the way thru the calander/tax year, and I will be just over $22k. Which doesn't sound like much of an improvement, but considering it was the slowest period I have ever seen in terms of miles, that equates to about a $16,000 raise over what opportunities I had at Big G...and that is if things didn't get busy. Most drivers here that have been hauling glass for a while all say, if you're OTR and don't gross $70k+ here, something is really wrong, or you're just lazy.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    majestyk, mladen86, Lonesome and 8 others Thank this.
  4. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    This Mickey will gladly eat some crow. Glad your happy and found your way to a better situation.

5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Happy for you SSB, enjoy the home time.

Lonesome and supersnackbar Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Starting this week, we got a pay raise...up to $0.60 from $0.55, and a penny raise per year for the next 5 years. Plus the live load pay went from $35 to $60 for open deck, and breakdown/layover pay went up an extra $50/day...the down side, it appears that the Canadian bonus pay went from $0.10/mile to a flat $100. Not sure $100 for the occasional Canadian load is worth the full time reduction of speed (70 to 65) for all loads.

Lonesome, runningman0661 and mitrucker Thank this.
  7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    It does if freight is slow and only have Canadian loads available.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If I average it out across an entire year, I am not sure it would be an advantage unless we get a lot more Canadian freight...and now that Daseke is the owner, they're shipping some of our freight via other Daseke companies. Wylie has been pulling our trailers out of Kansas, while we're sitting there watching them drive away...and then I saw a couple Big Freight's trucks(Daseke's Canadian company) parked at our KS yard while they were loading their trailers last week.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    drvrtech77 and Bro_Dave Thank this.
  10. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I remember Ameri-truck buying up all these trucking companies and couple others I can’t think of off hand and then went bankrupt because the couldn’t service the debt they took over from the purchased company.
    Hope they are smarter than they were.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.