Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I knew it was gonna be tight getting to my delivery with the hours I had available...and delays over the last 3 days forced me to reschedule. Thanks to traffic, construction, and lots of US routes, I was gonna come up about 1.75 hrs short of making my delivery Tuesday morning. But, that's another nice thing about hauling glass, most places aren't JIT deliveries like grocery warehouses, they just bumped it out 24 hours, and...I am now the rack return truck, so, I get an extra $35 for strapping down a load of glass racks, which don't weigh all that much, so the return trip should be a breeze...which is what this area needs...a nice cool breeze...because here in Lake Havasu it is

20180709_132535.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Which is one reason I don’t live there anymore. Wait until next month when it really starts to get warm....

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Ughhh, I don't think I could ever live in a climate like this. I'll take my snakes, gators and hurricanes.

The truckstop is warning people when they give out showers that they don't have cold water...and people are misunderstanding their statement (including me). What people are thinking is that they only have hot water from the water heater...what they are meaning is, their water supply doesn't come out of an underground source, it comes directly from the pumping station in above ground piping, and when it is 100°+, the water is naturally heated by mother nature, and they have no way to cool it. So, they should say "we only have warm or hot water"...the folks behind the counter say, in the summer, they turn off their water heater because they simply don't need it. I guess, every little bit they save heating water helps cover the cost of a/c usage.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Lonesome, Bumper and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I decided to take the scenic route back to KS. I managed to make it from Barstow to Grand Junction, CO today...675 miles, with 7 drive minutes to spare. Would have had more, but Vegas was doing construction and had I-15 down to 1 lane, and then there was some foul weather rolling thru the hills of UT, even had some pea size hail...and I have less than 6000 lbs, so I took it easy. It makes me drive extra cautious when I see that white froth on the roads. I forgot how beautiful that stretch of road is...well, this time of year at least

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    does moore have driver facing cameras?

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Nope, forward facing only. And those are for incident protection for the most part.

1catfish Thanks this.
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Well, at least for now. I believe that eventually we will all have to deal with cameras facing us too.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Once they start that, I retire. I read recently that the Ontario Canada courts ruled that driver facing cameras were an invasion of privacy in regards to a Sysco driver's lawsuit....maybe our justice system will take a hint.

Lonesome and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  10. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Let’s hope so.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The biggest problem here is...too many folks are just content with getting run over so to speak..too many don't care how much they're freedoms are infringed on..they look it at like..oh well..i don't care but then they're the one who come screaming first about it..

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.