Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    East of Knoxville, a town called Mascot

28 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    It does exist 20180930_171425.jpg

Bumper Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I made it home yesterday. Dropping the truck off at Mack to get the transmission issues resolved... (I still say these mDrive transmissions are junk). I will be off at least thru Friday. My MIL is in the ICU. She thought she just had a bad chest cold, but it's been bothering her too long, so they went to the doctor. The doctor took chest x-rays, and had my wife rush her to a CT scan. Turns out, she may have agressive lung cancer. She went to the oncologist to get a biopsy but also has pneumonia...so, before they can do all the tests, they rushed her to the ER because her blood oxygen was so low, she was too sick to test or treat.

5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Wishing you the best and sending positive thoughts your way.

mitrucker, supersnackbar and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    supersnackbar....I haven't gone through the whole thread but I was curious if you've gotten cut yet by the glass, and if so how bad ? thanks BT

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Several times, mostly on my forearms. One probably could have used 5 or 6 stitches, but my little tubes of superglue did the trick. We have kevlar sleeves that would have prevented it, but I only wear them when the customer's safety policy requires them, they're just so hot, especially in FL and TX where the humidity is up there.

drvrtech77, BlueThunderr and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  8. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    So that trick really works??? My wife takes a couple of different blood thinner and recently cut herself on a food processor blade. Cut the finger pretty deep. I told her she needed stitches and of course, she was too stubborn and hardheaded to go. That finger bleed for a while, even with constant pressure on it. I told her we might try superglue and she thought that was the dumbest idea yet.

For those of you who are not married, you have no idea the "joys" (aka "frustrations") married life brings.

tucker, Lonesome and Rugerfan Thank this.
  9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Amen to that. Been with the same lady for nearly 31 yrs.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Superglue is very similar to Newskin. Just pinch the cut together and dab some superglue (not too close to your fingers your using to pinch with). Wait a minute and get back to work. It stings, but nothing more than antiseptic does. An experienced glass hauler told me about it.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  11. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    @supersnackbar is right! ( who thought I’d ever say that??)
    Does Super Glue Heal Minor Cuts and Scrapes?

You can buy liquid bandage or Newskin for $8 or superglue at $2... basically the same thing. Make sure to clean the cut first!
    I always kept a tube in my toolbox. As a carpenter I was always cutting a finger... plus it repaired a few switch plates or outlet covers I broke when removing to paint the wall.
    I keep a tube in my first aid kit in the truck.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.