Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I got a surprise this afternoon. When I checked my email, I saw something from payroll (we get our paystubs emailed). My DM got me 8 days breakdown for that fun with Mack, which is exactly how many extra days I had to take off waiting for my truck repairs. I was speechless...which is tough thing to accomplish...

28, Dark_Majesty_06, tucker and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    My DM will extract money from me for every breakdown day if he can,for the past year and a half,not a dime,and i am with a 730k truck,that has another 150k to go lol.Makes me miss crete with the brand new trucks i was getting there.

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    After leaving home, I dropped my empty in Church Hill and picked up a round trip load to Chicago and back, now I pick up a load tomorrow headed to Bradenton, FL for Monday. That's one downfall of hauling glass, most of our delivery customers are only open M-F, so even though it's a 1450 round trip, it'll be a 5 day run. But it all works out at the end of the month.

drvrtech77 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Headed to Grand Prairie, TX for Friday...a couple miles from the ole Poly compound...I'll wave (at least 1 finger) as I go by. Went by the Big G 840 yard yesterday...gave them the same courtesy.

6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I used to do the same thing in Lincoln Nebraska as i drove by. Would also yell F You Tonn on the CB.

mushroom1464 and tucker Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I just laugh as I go by there at those poor misguided souls that think that working there is such a privilege.

Bumper and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I guess it's just Mack dealers in general that suck. A co-worker I went thru orientation with had similar issues with the mDrive. After the 1st attempt to fix it, it lasted 1 day, now he's been in a loaner 1.5-2 weeks while they swap transmissions. How freekin hard can a transmission be to swap for crying out loud?

9. stuckinthemud

stuckinthemud Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    When it's warranty work, the good mechanics probably try and dodge being put on that assignment

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My delivery couldn't have gone better. I had a load of crate glass. Just shy of an hour after I backed in, I was leaving...and this includes opening the conestoga, unstrapping and closing the conestoga when they were done. Now I am headed to Spring Hill.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    So true..since they make less money on warranty work..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.