Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got empty a couple hours before my appointment Saturday morning, got some sleep then headed back to Spring Hill as quickly as I could. There is a snow storm headed right thru where I was heading, and I wanted to be in Kansas before it hit. I was thinking that I would have a long 36 hour rest break. However, my Peoplenet had a brainfart. Since Wednesday, I had thought that I was only dispatched on my Saturday early morning load, which would have been fine. I got to Spring Hill, did my arrive and depart macro...and -gling- the Peoplenet beeps..."start next trip?"...Wiskey Tango Foxtrot? Turns out I had another load assigned...but it stored it in the "Saved" folder instead of the "inbox" folder...another round trip to Owatonna MN for Sunday evening...right back thru the area I just tried to roll thru to beat the storm...so, a quick lace-up, a quick marker light repair, and a quick check of the weather and I was off to see the wizard. Turns out that the area under a Blizzard Warning moved south of Des Moines instead of right thru there. Which means once I get north of town, it turns into a winter advisory. So, I managed to get to the rest area between Des Moines and Ames with 6 minutes to spare on my 14. 640+ miles today...and no easy weekend...but, the old wallet is getting fatter. At this pace, I may touch 14,000 miles this month....

tucker, mushroom1464, 88 Alpha and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Made it up and back to Owatonna without any issues. On the way down I-35 this afternoon, starting about 1/2 way between Des Moines and the MO line, it looked like a junkyard...no roll over wrecks, but 2 semi's in this ditch 1 semi in that ditch...cars off both sides of the interstate. Looks like it got really nasty.

Got to the yard, and the shop boss said that they had drifts between the trailers almost as high as the upper deck of a double drop.

Next load, back to Canada. I deliver in Concord ON Thursday morning. If I can get back to Spring Hill by the end of the day on Friday, I will be well past 14,000 miles (close to 15,000 with the 1475 carryover miles from that 1st load to St.Augustin that started at the very end of last month)...needless to say, I am as tired as I have been in quite a while, but in a good way.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I find it fascinating how crossing into Canada is so much faster than coming back into the states. Today, I was 2nd in line at the Canadian border, I was there 3 minutes from the time I stopped to wait my turn until I was cleared and wished safe travels during my visit in Canada.

5. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Canada border people were always nicer to me..than u.s. customs.....at the detroit crossing...but after 9/11 attack....can't take a commerical vehicle into Canada anymore...because of being a twice convicted felon...and having duel citizenship...from Austria and U.S. ...but I passed security background checks....to access military bases and drive convoy in Iraq for 7 yrs as a contractor ..go figure

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    dynamite and mitrucker Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I avoid the Ambassador bridge 100% of the time. When coming from Spring Hill, I go thru Sarnia/Port Huron. If I am coming up TN, then it is either Champlain or Niagara Falls depending on my destination. I am trying to get the company to check to see if we can go the F.A.S.T. route, even if they don't reimburse me for the approval costs, it would save me a lot of time coming back and forth as many times as I have been crossing.

dynamite and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Not sure if we haul for individual businesses, mostly plant to glaziers or plant to plant transfers. I know Maverick, Wylie, Combined Transport all have glass divisions...not really sure if they do one-off loads or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
    Reason for edit: quote deleted
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Doing a 36 hr restart, then headed back to my 2nd home...St. Augustin again...they are making sure I am getting my share of loads up there to make up for having to turn down my truck to 65...this is gonna be one heck of an improved tax year for me, that's for sure.

ncmickey and runningman0661 Thank this.
  9. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    I live in Dandridge and have been considering Moore for a while now. I’m one of those people who will throw the idea around for mo tha before making a decision. Based on what you’ve said they sound like a pretty good bunch of folks other than the Macks lol.
    I do have a couple questions though, and I apologize if you’ve already answered them.

Do they compensate you for sitting a lot?
    Do they give you time to get your passport and such if you say you’ll go to Canada? Also idk if you’ll know this but my girlfriend rides with me all the time. Do ya think they would allow her to go too if she got her passport?
    Also do they do that whole driver facing camera crap?

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    We get $150/day layover if we sit for 24. Traveling to Canada is optional, so you have all the time you need to get it. We only have forward facing cameras, no driver facing. As for your girlfriend ride along, I am not sure, that would be a question for recruiting to answer.

11. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    That works. I’ll have to holler at them tomorrow and see what they’ll tell me.

Edit: forgot to ask, do they do the entire lower 48?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.