Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    We have customers all over, but mostly east of the rockies. I haven't seen any loads to the far NW like ID, WA or OR. We have a regular customer in SLC, and get occasional loads to southern Cali, and several places in NM. We do get the occasional Calgary load, and some drivers have gone to MT. They do have a fair number of loads to the east coast from Maine to Miami and a lot of TX. But the one good thing, we don't backhaul anything other than rolling racks, so even if you go to the east coast, you're in and straight back out empty. No futzing around waiting to reload.

Just a little heads up though, our slow season is fast approaching. And when I say slow, I mean it. Jan - March we do a fair amount of waiting for loads. But, that's the down side of specialized freight. But even with all the waiting I did earlier this year, I am still on track to make upper $70's.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    4mer trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Looks as though the customer in St. Augustin is getting their inventory caught up after the new trade agreement was official or...things are winding down before the end of the year holiday season. 2 weeks ago when I was last here there were 6 of us Moore drivers here. This morning, I am the only one here. Too bad, I was getting use to 3000 mile weeks on one load.

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    20181206_152259.jpg

Could someone please remind me what this fireball in the sky is called again...it's been so long since I've seen it I forget it's name....:eek:

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I've seen it before but I can't quite put my finger on what it's called. Snow??? No, that doesn't sound right. I think it starts with an "S" but the word escapes me. It's so rare, it's almost like capturing an image of Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster. :biggrin_2559:

stuckinthemud and supersnackbar Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Looks like my string of Canadian trips is over for a bit. Picking up a load out of Spring Hill headed to Houston for Tuesday. Which is fine with me, it'll let this snow/ice storm do whatever in central Oklahoma, and it will all be cleaned up before I go thru there. At least I'm not headed to NC, it sounds like they're gonna get the worst of this storm in a couple days.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Back in the Mack shop. I have been smelling exhaust when I idle and get out of the truck, especially on the drivers side. I had originally thought that it was just wintertime, and the cold air was heavier and I was smelling just regular exhaust at the truckstops. But yesterday while I was unloading, I noticed that the flange clamp that holds the DPF flex pipe to the manifold didn't look right. Turns out, only the passenger side of the flanges mated when they did the DPF work the other week, the inside wasn't lined up, and the clamp was just barely holding it together, and exhaust was shooting out, coming out from under the drivers of the cab...so, now they're fixing it or, refixing it...along with checking on the DPF fault that I keep getting.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Shoddy mechanic work..

9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Normal. There seems to be very few good quality truck mechanics.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    No kidding... Pretty much they are nothing but parts changers... And too many of them Rely on a computer to tell them what to fix..

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That and most of them are yapping on their Bluetooths while working. Thermoking left every single one of my APU’s outer cover bolts finger tight. I drive 1200 miles before noticing about half them backed out to the point of almost falling off. IDIOTS! Nobody gives two flips about anything it seems.

Twice I’ve had my APU quit, take it to TK and they fix it with no explanation no bill or anything. Just “all set, have a good ‘un....”

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.