Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    99% of our loads are preloaded and secured. The double drop (like the one in the pic) has the tarps over the load and secured at 4 corners. That way the driver can loosen the tarp and check the load and make sure everything meets with his approval before lacing the tarp down tight. On the single drop and flatbed loads, the load is secured and the roll tite tarp is tight, but driver just gets in there and checks the strap tension and checks for glass damage, secures the roll up tarp door in back and rolls with it.

On the delivery loads to customers, it's the drivers job to pull tarps (on double drop trailers), or roll the conastoga tarp back on the other trailers and pull and stow the securement equipment. We do move loads between plants. On those we just drop it on our yard and leave the paperwork either on the load in a ziplock or in the office, then the loaders move it to the plant and unsecure it.

We normally run between 77,500 and 79,000. Most loads are in the 44,500-46,000 lb range. This last load was 47k+. Which on a double drop means I had to play fuel leapfrog. I was 11200 on my steers and 33,820 on my drives with 1/2 a tank of fuel. I could have moved my 5th wheel, but I like it where it is for the ride, and it normally isn't that close on weight.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Double drops are my favorite trailers to pull. They're shorter, which makes it nice in tight truckstops. And they ride better, but...the down side is, those suckers are close to the ground, so you have to watch uneven R/R crossings and customers ramps leading in to their building. This last load I had 1 way in and 1 way out, over a humped R/R crossing. I knew I would drag, so I got enough speed up to clear it, I sure didn't want to see my truck over in the "accident" section of the forum....and the customer's building was a back in off the street, uphill on an uneven drive, so I drug my frame there too. The customer in Orlando's double drop door is so uneven, I can't get in. I have to drop it just outside the door, and the yard truck lifts it up high enough to get it in the door. Once empty, there isn't as much bow to the frame, and I can pull it out without a problem

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Headed to Houston with a other prego double drop. Freight comes in cycles here. My 1st 4 or 5 weeks, all double drop loads, the I went thru a month or so of single drop and flatbed crate freight, now back to double drops.

One change I have had to make in my daily routine is when I shower. When I pulled a 53' box, I preferred to shower in the morning, so I was odor free when I checked in at the customer. Now, since the majority of my deliveries are around sunrise or a little after, I shower at night. I mean, why get cleaned up just before you have to go work and sweat, but it's close enough to the delivery that I don't stink...much.

5. BKLusk64

BKLusk64 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Did you run any Canada loads out of Laurinburg, SC?

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I haven't yet, the yahoo who took my passport picture made my body too small on the picture, so the state department needs me to send in a larger one before I get my passport card.

7. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    A truck driver’s body is too small. No way. Someone is telling stories.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, to put it in Google Maps perspective, the photographer took a satellite view when the State Department wanted a street view. Too bad too, the company says they need as many of their drivers to have passports as they can get. They have a fair amount of freight going across the border. Last year, the drivers that had one didn't have a slow season because the company was behind by a month or so getting loads into Canada because of a lack of available drivers. Just 1 load into Quebec pays the driver $1100 round trip...Imagine doing 2 a week, then a 34....wouldn't know what to do with an $8k gross month

28 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  9. BKLusk64

BKLusk64 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Well I have a passport and live about 90 miles from Laurinburg. I have done Toronto area before. I wonder if you could do one to Canada and then a short one.

10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    We're not biting our tongue,we're just waiting for
    the inevitable #####ing and complaining.
    Why would we think otherwise.
    That's all you've shown us no matter where you
    work or what you do.
    Leopard doesn't change its colors.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Then why, after 90+ days, I haven't started? Not one complaint? You'd think if it were gonna happen, I would have found at least 1 thing to ##### about.. Maybe because, unlike those other looser companies, this one fits me and makes me.....wait for it.....HAPPY!!!!

I spoke to the Operations boss during my 90 day eval...he said another Big G driver is scheduled for orientation, and a second is going thru the application process and background check. Now, why would a grand company like Big G (as tow thinks and proclaims it to be) keep loosing drivers to a company like Moore? It's because they suck unless you polish apples or smooch goobers. Keep talking....it only make me more determined to succeed here and show people like you how ####ing wrong you are....I only post what is going on, good or bad...it's half-tard naysayers like you that keep pointing out only the bad post.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.