Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Had one of those "it can only happen to you, Snackbar" days. Rolling to Spring Hill. Got all the way west of Hannibal, MO without any moisture. After Hannibal, you could see a little moisture on the roads, but the stuff that was coming down was too fine to see. Got over to the Macon/Bevier MO area, and it was snowing moderately, and starting to slush the roads some. Being empty, I only hit a few spots that I felt it necessary to ease up. Somewhere between Bevier and Chillicothe MO, a chunk of ice came off the front of my truck, and hit my drivers side wiper, right at the mounting post...breaking the plastic clip and wheeeeeee, there went my wiper. Of course, there isn't much of a shoulder or turn lanes thru that stretch of road, so I just turned the heat up and tried to melt the snow as fast as it hit my windshield. I managed to make it to Chillicothe, where there is a ramp and put on my only spare blade. 15 miles down the road, it started to come loose. Apparently in my haste to switch, I didn't get the clip on all the way. It was hanging on by the bottom hole. I found a turn lane, and pulled off, and made dang sure it was good-n-tight. Had my Canadian delivery gotten me out 30-45 min earlier, I could have juuuuuust made it to Spring Hill...which has now been put under a Winter Storm Warning (had been under a Winter Weather Advisory all day)...so, I will chill at the Peelot here in Kearney until Sunday, then take this empty to Spring Hill and hook up to a load going to Church Hill (which is why I am waiting until Sunday, give 'em a day to clear roads east of here.)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You know you've been at the fuel pump too long

IMAG0137.jpg

When you have snow drifts around your tires

(I'm kidding, the Pilot lost power and it took a while to get it restored...appearantly this driver didn't want to go elsewhere or had no other option)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    28, 88 Alpha and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    I’ve had to do that a time or two. I got shut down in Sidney Nebraska for 3 days when 80 got shut down and the Walmart didn’t want trucks parking there. The local cop told him to get over it.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Spring Hill got a good piece of that storm

IMAG0139.jpg

This is our neighbor
    IMAG0141.jpg

And this was a wreck between Boonville and Kingdom City on I-70

Screenshot_2019-01-13-19-07-12.jpg

Not sure how the driver faired in that wreck.

njt1313, tucker and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  6. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Did a quick turn-n-burn from Church Hill to a small town north of Wake Forest, NC and back to Church Hill. Now getting ready to tie down a load going back to Vaughan Ontario for Friday morning. Hoping to get back south of the estimated snow line of this next storm before it comes through. Not sure which direction they'll send me once empty. They have been waiting until delivery to see which plant is going to need drivers before deciding. Believe it or not, it's only about a 250 mile difference between returning to Church Hill, and heading to Spring Hill out of the Toronto area, so I could go either way.

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Been sitting at home. Donner Pass is closed and I cant do my I 80 shuttle run. Today is not looking any better.

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    FB_IMG_1547715282628.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547718389859.jpg

10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Yep, was closed all night and is still closed in both directions. To be honest, I am not going to complain too much. Enjoying some nice time at home. Still unpacking boxes from the move. Was able to get my DOT physical done though. Highly recommend the Doc at the Sparks Petro!!

ncmickey and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Just checked at 1630 hrs and its still closed in both directions. Im sure the skiers up there are not going to be happy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.