Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Hah!!! Beat ya by three minutes on that one :)

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    @RoadRooster

Go back up a few posts and read the story of the day.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Not sure if I was insulted by the cop actually taking a look to see if I had really dropped a deputy dog or not...too bad it wasn't more offensive to look at. Would have really made my morning to see him rush out gagging and heaving.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got to Spring Hill from San Antonio on Saturday. Got in another 34+ hour break. (3rd in 2 weeks) I wasn't assigned a load until this morning. I am trying to get home by Friday, and have scheduled a visit to a doctor on the 11th. I have had some nagging issues that are getting worse that I can't resolve naturally, so I have to see a physician, as much as I hate it. I picked up a Church Hill transfer load this afternoon and will be there tomorrow with the plan, that has yet to be revealed, to get me home Friday. Things are in their usual winter slowdown in the glass business. A couple of friends have spent the last 2 or 3 weekends at home, and only getting 1 or 2 short runs out of Church Hill. Thankfully for all, the slow time coincides with income tax season for those that are ill prepared for down time.

Still driving the old Pinnacle, but I am nearing the mileage at which most of the assigned drivers are issued a new truck and the old truck goes in the new hire fleet or is put in the loaner fleet. Hopefully they'll wait until the next batch of Anthems come in before forcing me into one. The next batch are supposed to be single bunk, which is one less thing for me to hate about them.

It was weird weather in Spring Hill this morning. I woke up around 4 and hit the mens room (without any poop police interruptions), it was in the 50's, no jacket required. After a few catnaps waiting for dispatch to come in, I got up for good around 730ish, but when I crawled out of bed, I had to start the truck because it dropped into the upper 20's. 2 1/2 hrs it dropped 20+ degrees. Even this afternoon, it was bright and sunny, but cold enough that I had to put on my lined hoodie to lace my tarps. Mother nature is not playing nice...but at least it wasn't snowing or icing for a change...yet

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    A1B18641-CA0D-4FE8-9D6A-759EE241412D.jpeg Currently in the frozen tundra of Bismarck Don’t you miss this?
    Currently a balmy -8.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Worst I saw last year was -15...this year I haven't seen sub-zero temps, even in Canada. And I don't miss it one little bit. I'm ready for spring!!!

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got my load home, that's the upside. The down side, it picks up at 1700 today (if the Church Hill plant is loading on time), delivers at 8 in Miami Gardens on Friday, then home from there. At least they got me miles, a delivery before my doctors appointment, and don't mind the deadhead home from S FL. I was hoping that they wouldn't ask me to either change my appointment or have me deliver after my appointment, just in case the doctor needs me to get some other scan done (CT or MRI) or, finds something that requires me to take some time off. I borked my wrist sometime last year....not work related, and I don't know exactly what I did to it or when exactly it happened, but lacing a double drop, or anything that puts any kind of twist on my wrist is pure agony, and it's only getting worse. I want to get it resolved before things get busy again. Thankfully it's my left one and I'm a righty.

9. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    That actually happened !?!? :scratch:

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Sho-nuf did. Don't recall seeing homeless people around that area unless they were the one's claiming to be drivers that were begging for change for a hotdog

88 Alpha and 28 Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Church Hill is still as reliable as ever, and by that I mean, you can rely on them NOT getting your load ready on time. My load was suppose to be ready Weds at 1700, which would have given me just enough time to get to south central SC, which is within 550-600 miles of Ft. Pierce by a reasonable time Wednesday evening. Then I could have made Fort Pierce Thursday afternoon early enough to find parking, so I would only have to use a few hours Friday to get to the delivery with enough hours to be home Friday night...but, at 2000 on Weds, my load was still not out, so there goes that plan. Now I had to leave Thursday early morning and get south of Jacksonville, then just after 1 am, drive the final 5 hours to Miami, and hope to heck I am not delayed at the delivery, so I have enough time to get the heck out of town and back to Ft. Piece before my 14 is up today, then get home tomorrow. I really wish AGC would bust that #### union and start canning any of those lazy ##### who can't get their loading job done as scheduled once in a while. Spring Hill is non-union, and unless there is a malfunction in production, almost always has your load ready early...the lazy ### union workers at Church Hill will probably be late to their own funeral when they die.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    runningman0661 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.