Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Hope not, but when it's acting up, holding a smartphone makes it burn/ache.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    These are the tarps they're using. Not lumber tarps, but not thin arse tarps either. These are removable glass tarps...that also double as freight tarps I'm guessing

20190401_090414.jpg

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    If you're still looking for flatbed work is this job doesn't Pan out for the long term look at some companies that run conestogas.... You could still make pretty good money and all you have to do is slide shut the Conestoga ... You won't have to lift any tarps ever with that.

mushroom1464, Lonesome and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, there has been enough concern and static about this general freight issue that the boss at Moore has produced a explanation video for us Moore drivers. Basically saying that due to Maverick undercutting our price by such a large amount that we had to drop our rates to beat them...on certain freight lanes, namely TX. And so, in order to remain profitable, those lanes MAY be picking up backhaul loads from time to time, but like Wylie occasionally pulling our loads, we will be getting the occasional load from them. So, it isn't a general, across the board plan to backhaul general freight from around the country.

tucker, Vic Firth, JoeyJunk and 3 others Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I am off to Canada again. Picked up a load this afternoon out of Spring Hill, delivering south of Montreal on Thursday. 1300+ miles, one way

JoeyJunk and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Anyone who works for a company that has Voya disability insurance...don't count on them paying you without a virtual knockdown dragout fight. I filed for short term 2/20...I am still dealing with them...they feel my wrist was a pre-existing condition. Even though I have provided them with records from my wrist doctor, my primary doctor, and my previous health insurance company prior to the Daseke merger, and they still are requesting more info. Makes me feel like I am backhandedly being called a liar. I guess they need a deposition from Jesus himself, signed by God and The Holy Spirit, in front of a notary..but then they would take an eternity verifying the authenticity of said signors...these people are greedy ### clowns that I wouldn't piss on if they were in front of me on fire...unless they had my check in their hand, and then only enough to keep the check from catching fire.

IH Truck Guy, 4mer trucker, 28 and 6 others Thank this.
  8. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Driver at my last company has been off for a year. He’s still not fixed right and they screwed up other things. It is a nightmare dealing with disability and inept doctors offices. He is very frustrated. Also he was 2 years from retirement. He will never drive truck again. School bus maybe.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Everyone wants to be a flatbedder until it’s time to do flatbed work lol

kwswan Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Guess I shoulda started flatbedding at a younger age, my old body wouldn't have been so worn out.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Canada has been bad luck for me lately. A trip or so ago the trailer I was pulling had to be partially rewired in front of the customer because the corroded connectors underneath finally shorted out(or came apart). Now, on the way back to Spring Hill from my Montreal delivery, brake problems. A brake chamber let loose, and even with full pressure, none of my other brakes will release, nor will my air-ride inflate.(we have those auto-dump systems) I am sitting on the side of an Ontario highway waiting for a service truck once again.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.