SNI/SFI Automatics: Is It True?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by smctransferllc, Aug 7, 2017.

1. smctransferllc

smctransferllc Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    KC, KS
    Hello all. Been doing a ton of research here and there and ran across a thread in which a poster claimed that all manual trans SFI trucks are being phased out by 2018, and that all trucks by then will be automatic. Any and all info on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    You can call sfitrucks and ask.
    You can also call Schneider and ask
    Sni and SFI are two different companies owned by Schneider.

4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I left about 6 months ago, and was told all new fleet trucks coming in were auto. I never drove one though, I always slipseated into 500k+ 10 speeds.

5. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Yes, SNI is transitioning the fleet to autos.
    SFI? I have no idea. They operate differently than SNI.

6. smctransferllc

Jul 13, 2009
    KC, KS
    Thanks for replying, guys. Okay, so judging by just what I've heard from here and some other guys, sounds like it's just a company truck thing. Good. Don't think they would deny a lease op or own op the chance for a standard, right?

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    You're making assumptions. Here's an idea, why don't just call SFI and get your answer from them directly. Pretty good chance they know the answer.

nightgunner and RERM Thank this.
  8. smctransferllc

Jul 13, 2009
    KC, KS
    Now look, I'm not stupid, and I'm by no means a new driver. Your tone assumes I'm just that, so let me enlighten you because I work construction and I ain't gonna put up with guys like you ruining my thread with that big-headed attitude ####. 8 years driving, 5 at my current company with end dump and mixer truck experience. Driver trainer on both and currently have a brand spankin new 2018 Peterbilt 365. Here's my reasoning for this thread: I'm not ready to call SFI because I don't want a sales pitch and I don't wanna get wrapped up in starting anything YET. So, UNTIL I KNOW I'm ready to do that and get an answer from them, I'm gonna ask the guys on here that may or may not know and do some research. That okay with you?

9. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
  10. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    The company trucks are going full auto, the sfi trucks are going mostly auto, I talked to sfi a couple weeks ago, they still have manuals.

They would be crazy not to have manuals.

11. smctransferllc

Jul 13, 2009
    KC, KS
    @carramrod32 I really liked reading through FW's threads and followed the guy. Lots of good info! And thanks @QuietStorm for the info on that. Not that I hate autos, they have their place and all, but you're right to say they'd be crazy to just phase them all out completely.

QuietStorm and carramrod32 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.