Snow Removal Being Enforced In New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    give me that ticket...

i could care less, i ain't never gonna get on top of any trailer at my age, and this close to retirement.

i still place blame on the states, that closed up rest areas, even DOT scale locations due to budget cuts.

i say, install snow blades at those locations, and THEN MAKE ALL commercial vehicles pull in (like the typical DOT scale OPEN sign), and charge a nominal fee to clear the tops...a fee of like what, $10.00 per truck?

more than worth it.

Coover, bzinger, Tb0n3 and 1 other person Thank this.
  3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Troopers say that they were out to enforce “Jessica’s Law”, which legally requires commercial and passenger vehicle drivers to remove all snow and ice from their vehicles before they begin traveling.

Didn't see any cars being pulled over.......doesn't mean it didn't happen, just didn't see it.
    Reason #3,212 to stay out of New England.

Coover, kemosabi49 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i wish i could, but i live and work up here.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    man, I'm almost 60. There's no way I'm climbing on top of an ice slicked trailer. One bad move and I'm crippled for the rest of my life. I'll keep my GA to TX run and be quite happy

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'd grab my go bag, laptop and phone, call a cab, and tell them to do what they want with the truck, I'm going home. No way I'd be forced to get up there. I'd go to jail first and make them defend their risking my life and trailer damage for the sake of a possible 1 in 1,000 incident that may or may not prove costly to others

Opus Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i am OVER 60, but UNDER 100........at "our age", pain stays, and very often, leads to other problems.
    i too know how to walk away, actually did it more than once over my decades in this industry.

Opus Thanks this.
  8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    You have to get there first. By the time you got there, the riskiest part would be over. Besides, who's going to keep the snow removed from the collection area? And who's going to pay for the first time someone tears one up in an un-supervised state (first day, guaranteed)

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Some lawyer will put a stop to this foolishness, certainly before next winter season arrives. Hopefully this happens before a driver truly does fall and seriously injure or kill themself.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    drvrtech77 and ddif Thank this.
  10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    state employee(s) would be manning a pick up truck with a plow, to keep the area clean...DOT cops could man the property, collecting the fee.

checks and balances have to be set up.

the state workers (the plow operator, and the DOT cop) would be getting thier normal salaries.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.