So Let Me Get This Straight??

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by RebelChick, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    As far as companies go, USXpress is not bad at all... They do have their problems, Communication being the worst of them... I think if people understand the way big companies work, they might understand why they do some of the things they do. HD did get shafted but, that being said, I belive he could have made it right, if he would have stuck it out and not quit. USXpress has a big turnover rate, and everyone knows this. The people that do the orientations see 1000's of new drivers each week and have become numb to it. They know that the company gets a good pay check to hire new drivers and they get that check from our tax dollars, as long as new driver stays for a certain amount of time. All that being said, the FM's are paid to move freight and if you (the driver) do it well, you will get a lot of miles,,most of the time,,not every week but, most weeks. I drove for SNI my first 3 years and liked them. SNI is a great "large" company and they have their ducks in a row. They are geared towards the new driver and will keep them safe. If you like the large company thing, you couldn't pick a better one to have a long career with. I just got really tired of orange..LOL Anyway, keeping a positive attitude is key to anything in life, especially trucking. I like dealing with 1 FM but here at USXpress, that isn't happening and that can make things rough at times as well. Seems no one talks to anyone and no one reads the computer to see what the driver has done or is doing... I believe if we all push, the company may try to remedy the communication problem. We shall see.... Be safe and God Bless

HD_Renegade and bigdipper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    but I plan to join USX as a team driver, based on pay and the hundreds of
    Posts I have read on here. Just call USX.

bigdipper Thanks this.
  4. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Call your recruiter, a pre-hire letter should be no problem

bigdipper Thanks this.
  5. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Wow, I'm gone for a couple of days and I miss so much!!!! FINALLY finished with my 120 hours. I had the best time and the best trainer! Mad props to Karen!!!!! She is absolutely the best trainer! Now, that being said...we didn't get into the Springfield terminal until 3:30pm today so it's too late for me to upgrade. So, I get to spend the weekend in the hotel here and come back Tuesday morning at 8 am. Would've been better to have been able to get home, but....oh well. Right now, sitting at the terminal, doing laundry, charging laptop, and waiting for the last shuttle (at 7:30pm) to the hotel. Not planning to leave my hotel room for much of anything in the next 3 days. My coordinator wanted to put me on a bus to VA from here... UMMMM, He11 NO!!!! I'm not sitting on a bus for 35 hours for a 10 hour car drive or 5 hour flight. Since I can't find a car to rent, I'm flying out as soon as my upgrade is done. I have 4 days then, and have to wait until they find me a N/S female to team with since mine so wonderfully quit on me. Hope it won't take too long.

6. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    Wow! Sounds like you've had a great time! Why did you chose

USX over AST (Arnold)? They are pretty much the same company
    right?

7. DaReallyst

DaReallyst Light Load Member

May 9, 2012
    Little Rock, AR
    So what happens while you wait for someone to team with? Do you get to go solo?

8. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    from what I understand, you wait for another team member to become available at home.

DaReallyst Thanks this.
  9. DaReallyst

DaReallyst Light Load Member

May 9, 2012
    Little Rock, AR
    Man that would suck if it took longer than a week... no income coming in sitting at home.

10. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    I would push to go solo. My soon to be former co-driver (only 2 more hours!) actually sat at Tunnel Hill for a week waiting for me to show up. He was afraid to take any solo runs.

11. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    My trainer said I should push to go solo, to, and that maybe they would "forget" that I need to solo. I will actually have 7 days off total and that is going to suck royally. Plus, I'm not sure if I get paid on my upgrade day. But...we will see what happens. I can't afford to be off work more than those 7 days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.