So VERY disappointed! CES Fargo ND

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Msheather1972, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Is your wonderful man a truck driver.
    If so it's his fault for sending you there.

He should have known that anything
    Dealing with trucking jobs or CDL schools
    Is 80 percent lying,cheating,stealing,thieves.

Don't believe anything anybody tells you
    Over the phone about either one.

Hour and a half away,you should have drove
    Out there beforehand and looked around for
    Yourself and talked to the students that where
    Already there.
    Could have saved yourself one big headache.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Msheather1972

Msheather1972 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2018
    Yes he is a truck driver...and NO ITS NOT HIS FAULT! LOL. We were in Fargo, we did go there! Read reviews seemed ok...but sadly it was not. I do not blame ANYONE but the school who just has no cirriculam and cant keep it together to teach proper truck driving training

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    They told me to hop in and start it.

What they did NOT tell me was that stupid valve on the floor by the seat inside the door frame.

The whole school heard this.

Er er etr er er errr..e eerr.r.r er click click click click. (Dead battery and condensed for brevity)

Instructor says I told you to start this thing.

I said you aint taught me *(&^.

The silence was a rare thing, either something very good will happen or... something very bad will break.

To the OP Im sorry you were in school from hell. I hope you are somehow able to recover your costs and then some.

Msheather1972 Thanks this.
  5. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    I would’ve beat the dozens out of him then stole his wallet right in front of everyone

6. Msheather1972

Jun 24, 2018
    Thank you, I am hoping to recover our costs as well! It was not a good learning experience! My road test is AUG1 and I am just not trained enough w the backing...I am so upset

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

If Backing is your private hell I suppose for a lack of a nicer term, everyone has something that is a barrier to being successful at learning everything. Sometimes people learn something about themselves and it's really tough to overcome it and do well.

I was not a very good backer until I managed it with the three pullups and three minutes limit in those days. My first truck that I felt able to back anywhere was a little two axle white from about the 1958 model year and a 17 foot round nose trailer from approx that same time period. Once I had that little rig going wherever I pleased I got hungry for the big ones with the cabovers and 45 foot boxes etc. You don't get very much room to back those monsters. (Ha.. monsters. I should rephrase that)

If it is one exercise I hated deeply its the row of barrels in a line. Say 60 feet apart. You back a trailer around each one this side then that side and back to this side and finally that side on the 4th barrel while backing. Then some of us wanted to try the blind side diamond in a improvised rodeo brought on by the heat, boredom and need to compete. (*I was not a very .. good sport about it, but everyone had a laugh and moved on)

You can learn this. It will take a little time. I rather you learn there in school on gravel where you have two miles before you hit or touch anything else. You do not want to be learning for real inside a 1920's grocery dock that is underground and made for cabovers to the point where you have to pay a yard jockey 10 bucks to slap your trailer into the assigned hole. (And a 53 foot reefer no less)

Even certain things they asked us to try in our trucking days were so outrageous that nothing in school taught us a darn thing about it. For example wife and I were trying so hard to get a 53 foot trailer blind side backed at 2 am into a residental house driveway and carport against a dead end circle with a group of other homes and about 30 kids waiting for me to settle before getting those oranges that was part of fund raising effort.

I got it in there somewhat and finally had to stop where I was at. I told the parents and children that sometimes a 18 wheeler just cannot be sure to do something right there and not hit something, hurt someone or god forbid kill one of these kids trying to do it. I am at that time a very very good driver, but I told them that I would be the first to say I am sorry I cannot do it. It's physics, angles, distances etc. Nothing worked.

The 30 or so kids said that's ok, they rustled up three vehicles, tossed the oranges into those and transported them to lump into the carport storage area so that it will be transferred to a sort of a sale event the following day as part of a fund raising situation. (Entire load loaded at Ft Lauradale Fla and was 6 stops between roughly Brunswick NJ all the way up into NY State on what I called the old Route 9. Into Connecticut no less way off the interstates too.

It was a collaberation of a church with 6 individual buyers in that regional effort to sell fresh oranges at a profit so that there is money for a new roof I think it was. Im not sure anymore what the funding was for on that run. But I would be more than happy to say two things.

First. The People in the NE dealing with me and the wife showed that they were very good humans, no threats or problems like would be found in the Market at Hunts Point or elsewhere. None of that BS. They were more than good to us when we tried to do things with a 18 wheeler that is not natural to be doing aiming them at freaking houses. If you told me I would be delivering a full OTR tractor trailer at 75 feet or whatever it was vs individual homes I would have laughed at you so hard. The idea is so ludicruis. But... when you do something like trucking long enough guess what?

You learn to have some fun too. I think there was a movie term from the 80's that's a internet meme now, "Lighten up Francis" which would apply in my case. Once we lightened up and tried to take on a smile doing something so outrageous with a big truck... life became no stress and somewhat more fun. (Still stressful but not as bad.) and the people were more than good.

I think that is what I miss the most in the end. Everyone got the oranges down to the last one, fresh, no damage or flaws and all of them showed that even the mean and nasty NE can have nice people now and then in the right situation. That went a long way towards helping me get over a time where things were not so nice in trucking.

8. Msheather1972

Jun 24, 2018
    I LOVE your story! Thank you very much for your reply....that school I went to wasted my time and money. They were constantly canceling school, I never got one second of classroom or book time, not much ### in seat time either. I drove over 600 miles yesterday...drove from minnesota all the way to Crawfordsville IN ..i did great! Over 10 hours! Then it was time to back into a spot...my issue is I have not had enough time in a truck to understand the full dynamics of it all..I know some.
    I DO well on my turns..sometimes a little too wide...but not running over things or cutting it too short. I have my pre-trip down, but backing gets my heart pumping and my nerves shattered. I tend to oversteer, not knowing any better....I realize this now! The other problem is knowing how to position this Rig to back in! I dont know or have a clue how to do this! So its upsetting me! My man got mad at me yesterday when I didnt do it right backing into the easiest of parking spots! I dont learn well w yelling and putting me under intense pressure. I ended up crying and set the breaks to head for the ladies room in the truck stop lol. I know what my obstacles are..now I just need the practice. I am a pretty smart lady, but this school I went to failed me and took my mans money! 3 students I met ended up paying out of pocket to go to another school in Utah because they didnt learn how to drive at CES! what a #### shame! And guess what? The government paid for their training with this school..if thats what you want to call it...haha I cant get a grant, but all these people going to this school are governmentally funded...except me! And they are not being trained properly! Its just sad. I know I will get this backing thing down...but I need practice just like everyone else

CJ701 Thanks this.
  9. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Best thing to do if you recoup your money is to go with a one on one instructor. Not sure if they have them in your area but there are a couple guys where I live that operate that way.

10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    You can and should tour any prospective school BEFORE you pay $$$$ ! ! ! Lousy truck schools are out there ! Complain to the state, they license truck schools.

11. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Absolutely turn them in to the State authorities.
    Attorney General.. State Patrol.. Insurance Commission.. Dept of Transportation.. anyone you can think of.

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

Msheather1972 and CJ701 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.