So, you have a Warranty?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Justrucking2, Mar 7, 2018.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Another reason I rented.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South

I rather pay my fix cost that month(trk payment, insurance). Instead of working on a truck all weekend in my driveway or paying a 10 thousand dollar shop bill out of pocket. Again i rather have warrenty and take the downtime.

RJhill Thanks this.
  4. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Perhaps I'm interpreting this wrong, but it reads like a hypothetical situation......as in you've never actually bought a truck but if you did, you like the idea of a warranty. Meanwhile, back in the real world, you're likely to pay out of pocket for a rental truck while your new truck is in the shop 5 weeks a year. Unless you want to just lose the income...either way you pay

5. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Warranty also sounds good until the warranty company fights tooth and nail to deny a claim;

rank and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  6. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Well, the compressor is off. The shop wanted $1200+ to install just the compressor, but they were a couple of weeks out. In the process of removing the compressor, I found all sorts of stuff that needed repair or replacement. Many gaskets, O-Rings, some air lines, coolant lines, Jake harness, etc. Those parts I ordered on Wednesday, they got here yesterday afternoon from Cummins, FleetPride, International and Parker. Those parts added up to $600 plus me doing all of the running. I am seriously doubtful any of these parts would have been replaced. And if they were, I can see that $600 bill for parts become $800 or more + a few more hours of labor at $100+ an hour. Yes, I had to wait for more parts, but so would the shop, they use the same vendors as I did. Just finding all of these OTHER issues is worth the downtime. And I know, what I would consider crucial repairs, are done correctly. And looking at my bags of new parts, half of this stuff would not have been touched, much less replaced at a dealer or shop. I'll be digging in today, and have a strong feeling I will be pulling and replacing some airlines from the motor to the air dryer, something I am not looking forward too, as you can see. ;-)

Truck2.jpg Truck1.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.