So you wanna haul livestock?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jake The Bullhauler, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jake The Bullhauler

Jake The Bullhauler Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    I'll update pretty regular. I just loaded 12 bulls and 6 cows in gilmer. Gotta go to sulphur springs and get 6 more bulls and 14 cows to finish out. Being spring time the bulls are horny and wanna fight one another, fight me, and have relations with one another, so a person has to be on their toes handling them.

x#1 and Logan76 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    You should snap some pics if you get a chance.

4. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Ive been around dairy cows most of my life. I still milk once in awhile.

One thing you quickly learn about cows is they arent bred for brains.

5. Jake The Bullhauler

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    I take a lot of pictures, but can't figure out how to upload from my phone. Just stopped at the 406 in weatherford to eat, shower, fuel, and check the cattle. 3 hours from here to Angelo then 435 miles back to texarkana to load in the morning.

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Are these loads paid on a percentage basis?

I have to give you guys props. I much prefer cargo that isn't trying to have sex with each other......

LaBubba and MJ1657 Thank this.
  7. Jake The Bullhauler

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    Got em kicked off in Angelo and back at the chrome shop in weatherford. Gonna have a cup of coffee with him then on to texarkana for in the morning. Loading country cattle tomorrow. Will have to weigh, go load, and reweigh to get the weight of the cattle and they will be sold on the truck. I'll just head west and will get a phone call and tell me where to take them.

8. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I have never, ever, ever seen a cattle pot going through an inspection. Never seen one get pulled around behind. Never seen one parked OOS. They know as well as anyone what goes on and they choose to ignore. Used to be that way with the bus drivers too.

9. Jake The Bullhauler

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    I get $4.00 a mile right now. They won't be doin one another much longer. They got an 8 am appt to have their head cut off.

milskired and ECT379 Thank this.
  10. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Then you haven't ran through missouri on hwy. 60 because i can tell you from first hand experience they will inspect you & they will put you oos there.

11. Jake The Bullhauler

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    Loading is pretty simple. The cowboys bring your cuts down the alley and they are all yours. Get behind them with your hotshot and push them up the chute onto the trailer. Gotta be quick to keep from getting run over. Unloading is open the gate and holler a bit. Maybe a little electrical stimulation too.

LaBubba Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.