So you wanna haul livestock?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jake The Bullhauler, Mar 13, 2013.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I haul swinging meat from tyson to another tyson I see a good 200 bullhaulers daily,I also see dead cattle(poor things) anyway do you have alot of cattle that die while enroute Jake?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    I'm curious jake has the usda and peta giving you much regulation? I haul hogs part time, fat hogs.mostly to the packing plant but i had to be TQA certified first, its ridiculous how the pigs seem to have more rights.then us and the things you can't do and things you get in trouble for. No shocker's at the plant, which usually isn't a problem but they would speed the process. Can't throw a dead pig out the side door of the top deck. Many places getting picky about how you use a rattle paddle. Can hit a pig in the face with a paddle to turn them around. I could hit myself in the face all day and only be slightly annoyed. Its all about public perception with the handling of animals, which yeah some ppl did beat the crap out of animals and took them to extremes. But anyway. Just curious how things are in the cattle side of things.

4. Jake The Bullhauler

Jake The Bullhauler Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    Got loaded in texarkana at 11 yesterday morning. Stopped in paris and had lunch with a friend and fueled at harrold. Bumped the chute in Hartley tx at 9 last night. 625 mile run. Was back in Amarillo by 10:30. Currently getting washed out, then have to have a little aluminum welding done on my trailer and get everything washed up. Gonna head home and hook to my detach and go get a combine in Hobart Oklahoma in the morning and bring back to Paris. When I get home today, from Monday morning to Friday evening I will have run 3835 miles. And this was not a busy week. The closer to summer we get the busier I will be.

5. Jake The Bullhauler

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    The only time I lose cattle is hauling wore out kill cows to San Angelo. And evem then I might lose 1 every 20 trips. They won't drag off at the plant, but there is a dog food plant in town that will, or I'll bring it back to the pens and drag off there.

Logan76, LaBubba and MJ1657 Thank this.
  6. Jake The Bullhauler

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    The usda does have dumb regulations at the plant in San Angelo. Mainly no hot shots. Makes unloading difficult sometimes but I deal with it.

Some livestock haulers switch between hogs and cattle and sheep and goats. Not me. I won't load anything but cattle. It's really hard to get cattle on a trailer that a pig has been on. Also sheep and goats require a triple or 4 deck trailer and I just have a double. Plus they are hauled for cheap and that's not my game.

bullhaulerswife, Logan76 and LaBubba Thank this.
  7. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    No you're right I'm talking ON, PA, NY.

8. Budha

Budha Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Here
    I've gotten an offer to pull a wagon...around here bullhaulers are the only ones that still have that unity it seems that drivers used to have a while back.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  9. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Low miles this week jake ;)

Jake The Bullhauler Thanks this.
  10. Jake The Bullhauler

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    Got in last night and swapped to the detach and went to Hobart OK. Loaded my combine this morning and brought her back to paris. 300 miles. Then pulled the air to air off my truck and washed it and the radiator out. Gotta load in the morning at 8:30. Total miles Monday thru Saturday are 4435.

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I think the only time I recall a bullrack wrecking was in Las Cruces when I lived there. Young kid driving for his dad took the old 10 east to 25 north ramp cloverleaf a little too fast and layed the wagon on its side. Several cattle had to be put down there and were buried.

At long last that ramp is being rebuilt to eliminate that cloverleaf.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.