So you wanna haul livestock?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jake The Bullhauler, Mar 13, 2013.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Buddy hauled to feed lots out of Virginia and drove as team when he did that to Colorado, bull wagons have my full respect.

7-UP Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dreaman

Dreaman Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Iowa
    I have all respect for the livestock haulers. It takes a lot to get them to the destination in one piece with all the stuff that goes on these days on the roads.
    I remember 1 night coming out of Minnesota, it was cold and I thought we were in for some real snow. Turned out to be Turkey feathers.

4. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Pullin a bull buggy would be fun to me. Only for a few years till I'm so worn out. 7 months on an avg of about 5 hours of sleep a night made me come home looking about 5 years older and 40 lbs lighter!!! Id also have to start smoking again to keep me going!
    Good thread Jake, keep this going.

5. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Here is my question, for many years cow bells were normal on the back of a bull wagon and seems to be gone by the wayside.

What happened?

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  6. withit

withit Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2010
    SW MI
    I think that horse's should be allowed to be slaughtered. If people who own horse's dont have something to do with them when they cant afford to keep them they instead die slowly of starvation in a field. But if horse slaughtering is allow in the U.S. then there is a outlet an the horses dont have to suffer an die of starvation.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Christopher Walken needed a lot more cowbell, a LOT more.

8. Grumman

Grumman Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Locust Grove, GA
    What's going to happen to this segment of the industry when EOBRs are mandated? I always thought you couldn't stop for long with livestock on a truck? Maybe they'll have to run teams.

9. Superquack

Superquack Medium Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Its recidiculous too. I go to one farm thats got the driveway on the side of a hill, can't see whats coming over the top. stuff like that keeps it interesting.

10. Jake The Bullhauler

Jake The Bullhauler Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    My truck WONT have one of those things in it, nor will I run team. Advantages of having farm tags.

Idk what happened to the cowbells. I happened to have a very large one I made hanging on my trailer.

LaBubba, MJ1657, milskired and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Jake The Bullhauler

Jake The Bullhauler Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Paris, TX
    Loaded in sulphur springs Wednesday night and went to tulia. Spent all day in Amarillo running errands and getting truck cleaned up. Left Amarillo at 4 Thursday afternoon and came to hope Arkansas sale barn where I'm the 4th in line to load. Will take these to gilmer and reload kill cows to San Angelo at 9 am

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.