Social Media - what do you use and how often

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by tocha, Jan 12, 2017.

1. tocha

tocha Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I am gathering information for a report on social media and am wondering what are the most popular social media apps used by truckers and how often do you use them?

swaggerjacker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I use the cb to socialize.

4. ASmallFleetDriver

ASmallFleetDriver Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    ChicagoLand
    The ones everyone uses. IG / Snap / FB messenger. There really isn't a reason to use them as a trucker though- like I don't follow trucker pages and such on them.

tocha and swaggerjacker Thank this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I honestly don't use any of the common social networking methods such as Facebook. I don't trust them and I don't feel the need to be "instantly updated" by others. Participating in this forum is about as close to "social networking" as I get.

But don't get me wrong. I understand these are valuable mediums to advertise with or to communicate vital and/or not-so-vital social messages.

tocha, swaggerjacker and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  7. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    liar

8. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    i snapchat nonstop

Rarely open Facebook at all. Check insta daily.

Good luck getting any valuable data out of drivers. We can be a difficult crowd.

Ooops, tocha and swaggerjacker Thank this.
  9. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I use this forum a lot. FB is my preferred choice for staying in touch with family and friends. I'm very deliberate when choosing with whom I communicate with on that medium. I also use FB to search classified ads for tractors. Having said this, I'm not really qualified to answer this question as I'm not a "Trucker" yet. I have a ways to go, but make end roads everyday.

Ooops and tocha Thank this.
  10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I use this site the most. I check Facebook maybe twice a week. I never post anything, just sift through the garbage every now and then, mainly for people lighting up our current Canadian government because of their ridiculous policies. I like just reading the internet battles on there from time to time.

I sort of enjoy being what most would call a social recluse. Maybe it's more to do with I don't require validation through 'likes'. I don't know.

tocha Thanks this.
  11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I use boards based on subject matter: TTR for trucking, TFW2005 for toys, GRM for racing.

A long time ago someone told me Facebook/MySpace was for high school kids. So for a few years I thought adults that used it were like guys that hang around high school buying beer for teenagers, (kinda creepy) by the time I realized social media was 'a thing' I didn't really care.

Now with all the data mining & tracking those sites do, I'm kinda glad I never joined.

tocha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.