Solar fuel transport in iowa??

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by otterman, Jan 19, 2012.

1. otterman

otterman Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    mason city, iowa
    I was just wondering if anyone had any info on solar transport in iowa around the mason city clear lake area? im 24 and want to apply there when i turn 25, it says there home everynight with competitive pay? i have been thinking alot about getting into the fuel transport business but dont want to go over the road. any info would be helpful. thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    otterman Thanks this.
  4. otterman

otterman Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    mason city, iowa
    Lol I guess I wasnt very descriptive but thank you! It says on there website the drivers typically work 10-12 hour days but it sounds like they have awesome benefits an great pay. But how is the fuel delivery buisness? I worked at a budweiser for 2 years and that was pretty tough an I have always had a interest in delivering fuel

5. acrilly82

acrilly82 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I have been with solar for about a year and a half. I am in the peoria,il market. They are a pretty good company to work for. In my market we are paid percentage. I do know that drivers in the Chicago market are paid hourly. I work nights which is best for hauling fuel. No lines at terminals and usually no one in your way at the stations. I share the truck with another driver which can be a pain at times. You will probably have a newer mack with super singles. I work 5 nights a week and average 10 hours a night. Overall I was very happy to make the switch to solar.

6. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    I thought solar fuel was sunshine? lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.