Solid Work History?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by strongworx, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongworx

strongworx Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    I am 43 and I am looking into going to a PDTI training school and have seen they ask about your work history.Heres the problem,some of mine was kinda under the radar and I worry that this will be a big problem.I have verifiable references as to my work quality,punctuality and professionalism and even have a web page with some photos.Thats just the schools requirements,then what about the companies?I dont have any nasty driving record,criminal record etc but wonder if this means I will wind up having to do my first year for some crummy company just to get a foot in the door.Any thoughts?Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    from what i understand (i am LOOKING at one sent to me from Driver Solutions) as long as you can get someone to sign an affidavit saying you were self employed, unemployed,family business, ETC. you are cool.
    they just don't want you to OMIT an employer i guess.

4. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    kinda like sredit,no credit is better than bad credit ay?Thanks

5. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    a personal web page means absolutely nothing, so forgedaboudit.........

you need verifiable references for trucking applications, at least 10 years back, from EACH AND EVERY EMPLOYER, and if you were ever self employed, you need a copy of your 1099 forms. you may even need a written statement from people attesting to your times of employment/un-employment if any company is now kaput.............and these letters may need to be "notarized" by a real notary public.

6. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    somehow,that seems a bit too thorough to me.I see posts here where companies are taking people with all kinds of former criminal records and other troubles.Thanks for the input and Ill bet there are some that arent as picky.

7. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Sometimes you even need all your work history info for the school that you attend. I know I had to give copies of 1099's from my own business when I applied....

8. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    yeah, "some company's".............

like the "skank" companies i wouldn't send a convicted felon too..........!!!

each company has their own hiring policy. i for one would PREFER a company that stringent on hiring.................

but for jobs at UPS, FedEx, almost any LTL company, try and get in with a sordid past....

9. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    I just dont have 1099s but instead was paid cash and they paid the taxes for us both.It was a stupid thing to do,but its how it was.Any verifiable(on paper) jobs I had are all short lived from when I was younger(20`s).I guess the best way to resolve this is to simply call some prospective companies that I am interested in and ask.Thanks

10. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    that is the ticket right there

BTW, pro1driver some folks don't (sometimes through faults of our own) have the luxury of having a stellar work history, DMV record Etc.
    strong buddy you gotta start somewhere, and those of us with questionable or unverifiable work history have to start EVEN lower down than most.

11. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA

a person "in standing", like a reverend, preacher, politician, business owner, anyone you are "friendly" with or are "aquainted" with can help you. you need a letter typed up and signed and "notorized". even your local social security /un-employment office. even your tax accountant. ANY THING that you can go back at least 10 years will help you....

that employer "paid the taxes".............but paid you cash.............

well that might "nail you" as then you'd have "unpaid taxes"...........so i'd forgedaboudit......................unless you want to pay penalties.....??

i don't think so, right..............???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.