Solo or forced Team for US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Fishinman, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Fishinman

Fishinman Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Florida
    I am trying to find some insight on USX I want to know about this trainer statement I signed up to be a Company Solo Driver not Teams. To they assign you a trainer if you don't have experience or is all drivers. Also I hear about this sliding scale I was told already what I was going to make. Thanks anybody for some info. Be SAFE out there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Poobah

Poobah Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Arizona

With 15 yrs experience you will not have to go out with a trainer; that's only for those with no OTR experience. You'll have the standard orientation road test and should be assigned a tractor when/if hired. No one is officially hired until the last day of orientation. Teaming is sometimes required for new drivers with no experience, and even then it's dependant upon what part of the country your home is.

As far as pay is concerned, go to http://www.xpressdrivers.com/solos.html, in the lower right part of the page you'll see a $ sign that says "click for pay scale."

...seek and ye shall find. :biggrin_25520:

4. Fishinman

Fishinman Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Florida
    Thanks for that info. Do you or have driven for them? I want to get some insight from drivers that work for them. Thanks again for your reply. Be safe out there!!

5. scarface2200

scarface2200 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis MO
    I am currently going to school for my CDL and I was thinking of going with US XPRESS but I been doing a lot of research online and been see a lot of stuff by employees being forced to team I wanna be solo otr driver so my wife can ride with me I live near ST LOUIS if that makes a difference but how about the real deal is it true they make you team or just some areas, I understand I will have to team with a trainer for a few weeks from the start since I have no experience.

What does is the average miles per week for solo drivers?

Thanks for answering

6. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Drivers from MO get to go solo.

7. scarface2200

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis MO
    I actually live in Illinios right across the river from St Louis how about Illinios

8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    They are even hiring solos from Floriduh !!!!!

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    A lot depends on where you live but for the most part US Express solos are used exclusively for picking up and delivering team freight. If you have visions of tall miles and the open road as a solo you will probably be disappointed. Of course the way they advertise for drivers constantly is enough to keep a lot of experienced hires away.

10. scarface2200

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis MO
    Well then I am not going to be the TEAMS ##### and I will go with my 1st choice

11. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Sounds like if you want to run with USX and go solo, that you are not going to be able to do this unless you run Team???

How is it determined for where you live if you are going to have to run solo or team???

Also, how is USX about giving the drivers their home time??

Thank you

HD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.