Some how I have two CDLs......

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by lionman101, Oct 19, 2017.

1. lionman101

lionman101 Light Load Member

May 2, 2015
    perrysburg oh
    Was trying to wonder where I can put this, but after being OTR for almost two years, I'm sure this can fit... But I have a couple of questions... Has anyone ever gotten into an issue where someones MVR shows they have two CDLs? Apparently, I have an IL and a GA CDL, even after having that license switched last year after I got my CDL from my first trucking company in IL. I called the DMV center in IL and they told me that it shows canceled on their end. I handed my IL license to the clerk while switching my license out in GA. So I know I no longer have have old license.
    I'm also moving to Ohio, so this will be even more fun getting with a company once I switch to my Ohio license.

Only thing I can do is attempt to send a dispute in to HireRight. Since thats the first part of the record I've seen it. But apparently, when talking to a rep, I have to get my prospector employer to dispute it... I sent a dispute in anyway through their site.

My other question is, I'm trying to find some other companies that mainly are regional or local. I've applied to a few such as Heartland Express, Western Express (My last ditch effort, and they seem to want to hire me on but from what I've read, they take anyone.) West Side Transport, and Roehl, but due to my accidents and the license issue, I couldn't get on.

Prime Inc., I'm trying to get in contact, but the recruiter does not want to answer her phone. I ended up having 3 preventable accidents. No ones fault but mine, so I'm just trying to see about getting some info on what are some other companies out there to look at?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Records (activity) don't automatically transfer then the prior gets deleted, so for a time it can appear there are two, depending on who's looking. Beaurocracy is not very efficient but records analysis is.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  4. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    I hear a lot about Carolina express or Carolina something, about them giving second chances. Try western express maybe. At least your man enough to own up to it

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    HireRight is governed by the same laws and regulations as every other credit reporting agency. YOU have the right to dispute ANY information contained in their file about you. Disputing misinformation isn't the job of a prospective employer or anyone else...ONLY YOU! If you can get documentation from Illinois showing the license has been surrendered (possibly shown on an MVR?), that would be better than just stating "I called them and they said...".

6. your MVR is a History of your career as a driver. it will show both cdl since you possesed them both.

7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    its quite simply one of those data entry things someone at the previous MVR hasn't bothered to delete your licence record yet.

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You don't come out and say it, so... I assume DAC is the one saying you have 2 licenses?

Have you seen your DAC report? Maybe it just lists both licenses, but with one having a date already expired. You should go to How Do I Request a Copy of My DAC Report? | HireRight to order a copy of your DAC so you know exactly what is in it.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    MVR records will always remain. If you had a MI CDL, a query to MI will always show that CDL and activity. And any good background investigation agency will see any/all DL's possessed, anywhere, for at least the last 10 years

dan31186 Thanks this.
  10. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Carolina Cargo; but that's more for people with Felonies. O/P can probably do better.

11. lionman101

lionman101 Light Load Member

May 2, 2015
    perrysburg oh
    I did that... Roehl also sent me my background report, and it shows the same.. Both say valid... No where does it say that a license was canceled, just "valid" like it was no problem.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.