Some people. SMH

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Roberts450, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    drvrtech77 and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I've been getting text alerts on my phone all afternoon regarding Snoqualamie. They closed it because of crashes EB side. Reopened it with chains few hours later. Half hour after that, more crashes, EB side closed again. But they've gotten some serious snowfall rates most of today.

One of the texts said they are aggressively stopping trucks starting up without chains and issuing $500 tickets.

4. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    Yea I cross it 3-5 days a week and have run it a few times barefoot when chains are required but I can read the road conditions pretty good but to come to the northwest in the winter and not even have chains on the truck at all. Good Riddance to the guy and hope he never comes back to Washington dont need guys like him on the roads endangering my safety.

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yep this time of year your best off running south of I-40 till March at least.

6. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    Not even supposed to enter washington without chains in the winter.

7. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Yea but it was one of those awesome XXXX dollar a mile rates he just couldn't turn down.:confused:

8. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Keep his @!$ in GA. Glad he got a ticket.
    The signs are well posted.
    The truck stops ALL sell chains.
    You Tube can teach a monkey how to put them on.
    Every time I get caught up behind someones idiocy it's bc they thought they knew better than the rest of us.
    I'm from the South, but I truck out in the PNW during winter and I come prepared and I use my head and I'm observant.
    That's hopefully one less we'll have to deal with on the passes for years to come.

9. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Some of those pull outs might have been used for a required break, you know that feeling you have when you conked out and it was 50 degree out and dry, then you get up and see a few feet of snow everywhere? That is the reason those states have a rule you must carry chains from sept.-June. That is one on the driver, not knowing and following the rules. Hope that a lesson is learned with that ticket, $500.00 is a hit but with what can happen on some of them passes it could be your life and others.

10. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    The pass is bare n wet today. All he had to do was wait 24 hours if he didnt wanna spend $200 on a full set of chains for the truck n trailer. I had to dodge a crap ton of chains and cross link piles in the road today. Washington is a must carry state nov-apr but I carry full set year round so my tare weight stays the same.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.